124

After walking for a little while longer, we got to the gate.

"Stop right there." A man said. We pulled our guns out and aimed at him.

"Whoa!" Paul shouted.

"You gonna make us?" Daryl asked.

"Jesus, what the hell is this?" The man asked.

"Open the gates, Cal. Freddie's hurt." Paul told him. "Look sorry about these guys. They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing." Paul told us.

"They give up their weapons. Then we'll open the gates." Cal said.

"Why don't you come down her and get 'em?" Daryl said.

"Gentlemen, look, we vouch for these people, alright?" One of the men we saved said. "They saved us out there." He added.

"Lower the spears." Paul said.

"Look, I'm not taking any chances. Tell your guy Gregory to come out here." Rick said.

"No. Don't you see what just happened? I'm letting you keep your guns." Paul said. "Look we ran out of ammo months ago. I like you people, I trust you. Trust us." He added. We all put our guns down and Paul turned and looked at Cal. "Open the gates, Cal." Paul told him.

They then started opening the gates and we followed Paul inside. We saw a big house, well mansion sitting at the top. People working and I heard a cow moo, I even saw chickens here. I was fascinated by everything here.

"There was a materials yard for a power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. The trailers came with them." Paul told us.

"How did people find out about this place?" Michonne asked him.

"That's called Barrington House." He said, turning around and pointed at the house. "The family who own it gave it to the state in the '30s. The state turned it into a living history museum. Every elementary school for 50 miles used to come here for field trips. The place was running a long time before the modern world built up around it. I think people came her because they figured it'd keep running after the modern world broke down." He said. "Those windows up there let's us see for miles in every direction. It's perfect for security. Come on, I'll show you inside." He said, walking towards the house with us following behind him.

When we walked in, my mouth dropped to the ground. I've never been in a house this big before and even after the apocalypse, it still looks beautiful.

"Good gracious, Ignatus." Abraham said.

"Most of the rooms have been converted to living spaces. Even the ones that weren't bedrooms."  Paul told us.

"People live here and the trailers?" Rick asked.

"We plan to build. There's babies being born." He answered.

When he said that, I thought about Judith and Liam. A door then opened, which scared me slightly. We turned and saw a man with grey in his hair and beard.

"Jesus. You're back." The man said, before looking at us. "With guests." He added.

"Everyone this is Gregory." Paul told us. "He keeps the trains running on time around here." He added.

"I'm the boss." Gregory said, sticking his arms to the side almost what Paul did when we first met him not as high.

"Well, I'm Rick. We have a community-" Rick started to say before Gregory interrupted him. That was rude.

"Why don't y'all get cleaned up, hmm?" Gregory said.

"We're fine." Rick replied.

"Jesus will show you where you can get washed up." Gregory said, completely ignoring what Rick just said. "Then come back down here when you're ready." He added, walking towards Rick. "It's hard to keep this place clean." He told Rick.

"Yeah. Sure." Rick said, smiling slightly.

"Follow me." Paul said.

We all then went up the stairs. I was behind Rick with Daryl beside me. I was now downstairs in the main hall with Daryl and Abraham but Abraham didn't know I was there and he asked Daryl a question.

"How long do you think Maddie and Rick have been ugging bumplies?" He asked him.

Daryl saw me there and I motioned for him not to tell him I'm there.

"Man that's my sister. And they've been together since we were at a prison." Daryl said, making me cover my mouth to keep my laugh in.

"You ever think about it?" Abraham asked him. Daryl looked disturbed when he asked him that. "Settling down?" He added.

"You think shits settled?" Daryl asked him, walking away. I walked towards him with a smile.

"I heard you ask my brother how long me and Rick had been ugging bumplies." I said, making him look at me.

"When did get down here?" He asked.

"A second ago when you asked Daryl that question. To be honest, I was trying not to laugh behind that wall right there." I said. He chuckled before walking outside.