42

(Trigger Warning ⚠️ : Mention of rape.)

Rick, Daryl and Hershel were getting ready to go meet with the Governor, well Rick is going to be the one talking to him.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" I asked, when me and Rick were alone. He turned to me and looked down then back at me.

"I need you to watch over the prison." He said. "Don't worry, we'll come back Maddie." He assured, when he saw that I was worried.

"I know, it's just that I want all three of you to be safe." I said, looking at him. He walked closer to me and hugged me and I hugged him back.

"I know Maddie but we have to do this." He said, making me look at him.

He smiled faintly at me and placed his lips against mine. We quickly pulled away from each other when we heard the door opening. We turned and saw Daryl walking towards us.

"Are you ready Rick?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah I am." He said, walking away from me. Daryl walked to me and stopped in front of me.

"Is there something going on between you and Rick?" He asked.

I looked at Rick and saw him looking over here and he must've realized that I had to tell Daryl about us and he nodded his head slightly. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for Daryls reaction.

"Well Daryl, the thing is." I began. "I love Rick and he said that he loved me. We're sorta dating each other." I told him. He didn't say anything just stood there silent then spoke.

"How long has this been going on?" Daryl asked.

"When we got back from Woodbury and after you left with Merle." I answered. I was afraid that he would get mad about me being with Rick.

"Okay you can be with him but he better not hurt you or else he'll regret it." He said, walking away. Rick walked back over to see what Daryl said about it.

"What did Daryl say? I couldn't tell from where I was." He said.

"He said that we can be together but you better not hurt me or else you would regret it." I told him, smiling.

"I won't hurt you Maddie." He said, hugging me. I hugged him back and saw Daryl behind Rick at the car. Daryl had a slight smile like he saw this coming. "We better get going. We'll be back."

He said, pecking my lips then walked away. They then left and I walked back inside and went to my cell and laid down but kept my eyes open. I heard the others getting weapons ready if the Governor will attack. I decided to get up and walk in to help them. I went to squeeze past Merle until he grabbed my arm.

"What do you want Merle?" I asked.

"I need to talk to you Mads." Merle said.

"Fine." I said, following him outside. "Now what do you want?" I asked.

"Why are you always mad at me? Why can't you be the same with me as you are with Daryl?" He asked.

"Daryl has always been there for me, you haven't. You don't know half the stuff that happened to me before and after the world went to shit." I said. "Daryl does because he was always there." I added.

"How was I supposed to know what was happening when you never tell me anything?" He asked.

"How was I supposed to tell you when you weren't around? The only time you were around was when you needed a place to stay every time you got yourself into trouble!" I said, starting to yell.

"I'm sorry okay! Tell me what Daryl did to gain your trust?!" He shouted.

"You want to know how he gained my trust?! Fine here it is! He got me away from our father because he was beating me and sometimes beat me until I was left unconscious! I still have the fucking scars on my back! And I had a boyfriend when I was fifteen and he raped me then left me! When Daryl found out, he went to beat the shit out him! The only thing that helped keep my mind off of it was going hunting with Daryl!" I shouted. He looked surprised at what I said. "That's why I'm closer to Daryl and not you! You were never there when I needed you the most but Daryl was! And I was about to get raped again when we were at the CDC! And guess by who?! Shane! He was going to rape me but Daryl saved me!" I shouted again.

"I didn't know that Mads, I'm sorry." Merle said.

"How could you have known when you didn't spend any time with me? You were always out partying or whatever you were doing then and even after the whole world went to shit, you still weren't there for me. You were too busy being a fucking asshole to everyone." I said, tears building up in my eyes.

I turned my head and saw everyone standing there, shocked at what they heard. I walked away and went to my cell and laid down facing the wall and let the tears fall from my eyes.