34

Me and Rick are together and he's been happy ever since. He's still serious when he has to be of course.

"Maddie." I heard Rick say. He stood next to me and I looked at him.

"What is it Rick?" I asked.

"Just wanted to see how you were doing out here and see if you needed any help." He said.

"No. I can handle it." I said. "Rick, it seems like we have new enemies." I said, sitting down.

"We do but we'll get through it, you know that." He said, sitting beside me.

"But we're one man down." I said. "How will we be able to beat them? And don't take it as me thinking we won't, I'm just worried." I said.

"I don't know but just know that we will, hopefully." He said, pulling me close to him.

We stayed like that for a bit before going inside to check on everything. We came up to Axel and he looked down about what happened to Oscar.

"Oscar always stood up for me whenever Tomas went off." Axel said.

"He went out fighting." Rick said. Oscar was a strong man, he fought to save Maggie and Glenn. I was lost in thought when Beth spoke.

"What are we going to do now? Do you think the Governor will retaliate?" Beth asked.

"Most likely." Maggie replied.

"Just let him try it." Glenn said.

"From what I know, it sounds like he's got a whole town and we'll be outnumbered and outgunned." Carol said.

"Sounds like we could use some reinforcements." Hershel said. He led us to the other cellblock and we saw another group of people.

"I'm Tyreese." The tall man introduced.

"This is Sasha, Allen and Ben." Hershel introduced the others.

"How did you all get in?" Rick asked them.

"The fire damage at the administrative part of the prison, the wall's down." Tyreese said.

"That side is overrun by walkers. How did you get this far?" I asked, curious.

"We all didn't. We lost our friend Donna." Tyreese told us.

"They were lost in the gyms." Carl said.

"You let them in?" Rick asked Carl.

"He had no choice." Hershel said.

"I'm sorry about your friend. We all know how that's like." Rick said.

"Hershel said you could use some hands. We're no strangers to work and you don't have to worry about feeding us because we'll go out and find our own food." Tyreese said.

"No." Rick said.

"Please." Sasha begged.

"No." Rick said again.

"We can't just keep—" Hershel began to say until Rick interrupted him.

"We've already been through this. With Tomas and Andrew. Look what happened." Rick said. I guess I understand where Rick is coming from. After what Tomas and Andrew did, it's hard to let anyone else in.

"But Axel and Oscar weren't like them." Carol said.

"And where's Oscar now? I can't be responsible." Rick said.

"If you turn us out, you'll be responsible." Tyreese said.

"Rick, you've done a lot for us and we appreciate you for that and we owe you our lives. We've done everything you wanted us to do without questioning it but you have to start giving people a chance because not everyone is like Tomas and Andrew." Hershel said.

"No. Why are you here? What do you want from us?" Rick asked, pulling his gun out and aiming it at them.

"Dad?" Carl said. He shouldn't have to see his dad doing something like this.

"Whoa come on it's all good." Tyreese said.

"Rick, calm down." I said, trying to make him put his gun down.

"What are you doing?" Sasha asked.

"Rick, easy there's no need to—" Maggie began to say.

"You don't belong here! Get out!" Rick shouted.

"Relax, brother." Tyreese said, trying to calm Rick down.

"Get out! Get out!" Rick shouted again.

"We'll leave, we're going. No need for anyone to get shot here." Tyreese said.

"What are you doing?!" Rick yelled.

"Okay we're going." Tyreese said.

"Just go!" Glenn shouted.

They then left the prison and I was just standing there shocked. I got Carl and took him out of the room because he looked upset.