134

It was dark but I wasn't sleepy so I just walked out of the house and sat on the step. Everything that's happened is crowding up in mind and I can't seem to push any of it out. Rick, Carl, Judith and Liam are all asleep. I got out of the bed once Rick fell asleep and that's when I came outside. I saw Carol walking this way with her jacket on and a bag. I stood up and walked towards her.

"Carol, where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm leaving. Please don't tell anybody and don't come looking for me." She told me.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked.

"I can't really say but I can't stay here." She said. I looked down then back at her.

"Okay but please be safe out there. I don't want to lose you because you're like a mother to me. And don't worry I won't tell anyone about you leaving." I said.

"Thank you Maddie." She said, hugging me.

"No problem. Now be careful." I said. She nodded her head and soon she was gone. I walked back to the house and went inside then went to the bedroom. I saw Rick sleeping soundly and I carefully got back in the bed, trying not to wake him. I closed my eyes to try and sleep.

I couldn't get to sleep no matter how hard I try. I sat up and just sat in the bed with my back against the the headboard. I felt the bed move slightly and I turned to see Rick waking up and looking at me.

"Are you okay Maddie?" He asked, sitting up.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just have too much on my mind right now." I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. I told Carol that I wouldn't tell anyone about her leaving and I'm not going to go back on my word. He already knows about that Negan thing.

"I can't really tell you because I promised someone I wouldn't and I don't want to break that promise." I said.

"I'm not going to force you to tell me Maddie, you know that." He said.

"I know." I said, looking at him. I went closer to him and placed my lips against his. We were kissing and it turned into a make out session. We pulled away for breath and smiled at each other. "I'm going to try to sleep now." I said, laying down on my side facing him.

"I'll join you." He said, laying on his back and I put my arm around him and closed my eyes and fell asleep.

A few hours later, I woke up and saw the sunlight coming through the window. I got up and walked to the bathroom to take a shower before going downstairs. After taking a shower and putting clothes on, I went to Liam's and Judiths room and saw that Judith wasn't in there but Liam was.

"Good morning little man." I said, picking him up and smelling his dirty diaper. "Let's get your diaper changed then we go get something to eat." I said, taking him to the changing table and started changing his diaper. We were now downstairs eating breakfast then soon finished. "Let's go for a walk Liam." I said, picking him up out of his chair. I walked outside then started walking.

I made me way down the street with Liam looking everywhere with a smile on his face. I saw Aaron and I walked towards him.

"Hey Aaron." I said, smiling.

"Hi Maddie and hi Liam." He said, smiling at us.

"You can him if you want to Aaron, I can tell you want to." I said. Aarons smile got bigger and I hand him Liam.

"I've always wanted my own child before and now since you let me watch and hang out with Liam, I can live that dream. I know he's not mine but I treat him like he is." He said.

"Yeah and you're great at it and Liam loves you." I said, when we both started walking while Aaron had a bouncing Liam in his arms. We heard a motorcycle rev and we looked towards the gate and saw Daryl opening the gate. "What the hell Daryl doing?" I asked. We both walked over and to the gate. "What are you doing Daryl?" I asked.

"I'm going out." He said, then got back on the motorcycle and drove off. Glenn, Michonne and Rosita then went to get him back. Maggie must've saw me looking scared and walked over to me.

"We'll get him back Maddie." Maggie said.

"I feel like he's going to look for Tara and tell her what happened to Denise but I could be wrong. I don't want anything happening to him, I can't lose another brother Maggie." I said, tears starting to fall from my eyes. Maggie pulled me into a hug and I cried into her shoulder. We heard talking and footsteps coming this way but I didn't pull away.

"What happened?" Rick asked.

"Daryl left probably about to do something stupid. Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita went to stop him." Abraham said. "Can I ask you something?" He asked him.

"Yeah, what is it?" Rick said.

"I don't think I should ask around Maddie." Abraham said.

"Go ahead and ask it Abraham. It's fine." I said, still holding onto Maggie.

"How did her other brother die?" He asked him.

"He sacrificed his life to try to stop this group that wanted to kill us but ended up getting killed and Daryl found him as a walker when to look for him." Rick said. "Where are you going Morgan?" Rick asked.

"I'm going to go find Carol." Morgan said. I pulled away when they said that they're going to look for her.

"No one else leaves. We have to get ready for a fight." Rick said, starting to walk away.

"Rick, please be careful." I said.

"I will. We'll be back." He said, getting in the car with Morgan. We moved out of the way while Abraham opened the gate and let them out then closed it.