111

(Warning 🔞: There's smut in this chapter. If you're not comfortable reading it, it starts and ends with these: ~~~~~~~)

It's been a week or two since I gave birth to Liam and I was at the gate with Maggie and Michonne while Deanna was on the platform above us when we heard Rick shouting for us to open the gate. I quickly ran and started opening the gate with Maggie's and Michonne's help. We saw Rick getting chased by a herd of walkers. When he got inside, we quickly closed it before any of them can get inside.

I brought Rick to the house and I had some bandages and alcohol and I used them on Rick's hand. After bandaging his hand, we walked out and went to join everyone at the gate.

"You all heard it and some of you have seen it. There's more than half of them out there and enough to surround the walls. I know you're all scared, you've never dealt with anything like this. But we're safe here for now. The panel, the truck seems intact, we reinforced it just in case." Rick said. "Either way the wall is going to hold together. Can you? The others are going to be back." He added.

"They will be back." Rosita said.

"Abraham and Sasha they have vehicles they're going to lead them away just like the others. Glenn and Nickolas are going to walk back through the front gate after, they know what they're doing and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum, pull our blinds at night." Rick said. "Keep the lights off. We have to make this place as quiet as the graveyard, see if they move on." He added.

"This place is a graveyard." A woman said. Everyone stayed quiet until Aaron spoke.

"The quarry broke open, and those walkers are moving this way. All of them." Aaron said. "The plan that Rick and the others put into action has stopped that from happening. You got half of them away." He said. "I was out there recruiting with Daryl, I wanted to get into a cannery and scavenge and Daryl wanted to keep looking for people. We did what I wanted, and we ended up in a trap set by those people and I lost my pack. They must've followed our tracks, those people who attacked us. They found their way back here because of me." He told us. Deanna walked away from the conversation.

"There will be more to talk about." Rick said.

"Deanna." A man said. "Deanna." He said again.

She continued walking away, ignoring him. We all looked at her and Rick walked away as well with me beside him. We went to our house and I closed the door behind us.

It was soon dark out and the lights were off and the streets were quiet and everyone was in their homes. Carl, Judith and Liam are already asleep in their rooms while me and Rick were downstairs sitting on the couch.

"Maddie." Rick said.

I looked at him and met his eyes. He leaned in and placed his lips against mine. I put my left leg over his, straddling him without breaking the kiss.

~~~~~~~

I put my arms on his shoulders while his hands were on my hips. He pulled away and starting kissing and nipping at my neck. He stood up, holding me by my thighs and carried me to our bedroom. He closed the door with his foot and laid me down on the bed on my back. He went and locked the door.

"On my last run, I picked something up from the store." He said.

"What was it?" I asked. He opened the bedside table and pulled out a box of condoms.

"I figured we should be safe." He said, opening the box and pulled one out.

"Yeah we should." I said.