68

"You're all better, you can leave now Maddie." Hershel told me.

"Really?" I asked, happy.

"Yes now go to your boyfriend." He said, chuckling.

I stood up and walked out then started looking for Rick. I walked outside and saw him standing at the fence. I walked up behind him and hugged him from behind, causing him to jump slightly.

"Hi Rick." I said. He turned around in my embrace and smiled at me.

"Maddie!" He exclaimed, hugging me tightly but not too tight. "I missed you." He said, kissing the top of my head.

"I missed you too Rick." I said, pecking his lips.

"Hey Maddie." I heard Daryl say behind me. I turned and went and hugged him. "Glad you're better." He said, hugging me back.

"I am too." I said. "I'm happy that I can finally be outside and not have to be stuck inside anymore." I said, walking to the fence and looked out at the woods. "I also miss hunting." I said.

"When you give birth, maybe I'll take you out hunting again." Daryl said.

"Really?" I asked, happy. "Yayy! I can't wait!" I said, hugging him again. Both Rick and Daryl chuckled at my behavior.

"Yes now I'll leave you two alone but no fucking, alright?" He said, walking away. I walked closer to him and put my mouth beside Rick's ear.

"Little does he know, I want to." I whispered into his ear.

"Oh really now?" He said, kissing my neck. I moved my head slightly and let out a low, quiet moan.

"Yes but let's wait until tonight." I said. He pulled away and kissed my lips and smiled at me.

"Maddie! You're better!" Carl shouted, running to me and hugged me.

"Yes I am. I missed you Carl." I said, chuckling and hugging him back.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see you while you were in there. I had to stay in quarantine." He told me.

"It's alright. I know that." I said, remembering that he went to the woods with Hershel. "Now what did I miss while I was in there?" I asked.

"We had to let the pigs go." He told me.

"Yeah your father told me. That was sad but it was the only way to draw the walkers away and keep them distracted for a little while so the fence can get fixed." I said.

"Do you want to race me Maddie?" He asked.

"She can't Carl. Remember, she's pregnant and she can't be running but she can fast walk." Rick said.

"Okay then lets fast walk Maddie." Carl said. "Ready. Set. Go!" Carl counted down. He was winning the race which is fine. He is lighter than I am at the moment.

"You won Carl. Good job!" I said, smiling. "You sure are fast, you know that?" I said, sitting down on the ground.

"I know I'm the fastest." He said, smiling at me. "I'm going go do something, I'll talk to you later Maddie." He said, walking away.

I stood up and just stood there, looking at Rick with him looking back at me while walking towards me.

"Hello again Rick." I said, smiling again. He didn't say anything, just looked down then looked up acting like he wasn't checking me out.

 He didn't say anything, just looked down then looked up acting like he wasn't checking me out

"I saw that Rick but do you like what you saw?" I asked, smirking.

"What do you mean? I wasn't looking there. I thought I saw something on the ground." He said.

"Rick, I know where you were looking and Daryl will kill you if he saw that." I said, laughing.

"Fine, I was looking there but not intentionally." He said.

"Yeah and you didn't get me pregnant." I said, causing him to laugh.

We walked inside and went to the cell block since the others that was exposed to the flu was in a different area. I laid down in the bed with him joining me. He pulled me into his embrace and I fell asleep, listening to his heartbeat.