160

(Trigger Warning ⚠️: Mention of Rape.)

I walked out of the room Michonne was in and I quietly closed the door. I saw Rick, Carl and Daryl waiting outside the room. They all turned to me and Daryl ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay Maddie. Jesus had to keep me from getting you out of there no matter how many times I argued." Daryl told me.

"I knew how hard it'll be for you to not do anything but it was the smartest thing to do." I said, pulling away. Carl then walked over and hugged me and I hugged him back.

"I missed you Maddie." Carl said.

"I missed you too Carl." I said, pulling away and smiled at him. Rick made his way to me and pulled me into his embrace.

"I missed you so much Maddie. I'm sorry I could've killed you if those explosives went off." He said.

"Rick, don't worry about it. Even if I died from that, I wouldn't come back to haunt you. I would've understood why you did it. Hell, when I thought you did I was smiling a little bit because if Negan was dead that would mean you all would be safe. Now I know I shouldn't want to die but if Negan died along with me, the thought of all of you safe and won't have to worry about him anymore would be a good reason to die." I said. "But what matters is that I'm still alive and kinda well." I added. He pulled away a bit and he kissed my lips. I kissed him back and we walked outside.

A group went out to find Sasha and I was sitting on the step next to Rick. I put my head down and decided now was the best time as any to tell him what happened.

"Rick, I need to tell you something." I said, already feeling tears building up in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away.

"What is it Maddie?" He asked. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"When I was at the Sanctuary, I was in a cell the first day I was there. That night, the door opened and I thought it was Negan but it was actually David. He r-raped me but I didn't tell Negan. He moved me to a room next to him but I had to follow what he said." I said.

"Did Negan do something to you?!" Rick asked, a bit too loud.

"No, no. He didn't do anything to me. On one of the nights in that room, David showed up again and he was going to rape me again but before he was able to get finished with his belt, Negan showed up. And I was so scared of what David was going to do, I ran behind Negan and grabbed onto his shirt. Negan said one of the rules. He said that rape is against the rules there and he wouldn't want to be where it wasn't. And Negan...killed him." I said. "I slept in Negans room with him but don't worry nothing happened we were just sleeping. Negan knew that it would've been too uncomfortable for me to sleep in the room with David's body in it." I added.

"I trust you won't cheat on me Maddie. And at least he helped you." He said. "I wish I could've killed him myself but I'm pretty Daryl would've wanted to." He added, hugging me.

"Yeah but enough about what happened it's in the past now. I have to go see my little man." I said, standing up and walking to the room Liam was in. I smiled seeing Liam was still awake. "Hey buddy, I missed you." I said, picking him up. He babbled a little bit before wrapping his short arms around me as far as they can go. After a few more minutes holding Liam, I put him back in his crib so he can go to sleep. "Go to sleep now Liam. I'll come see you in the morning." I said, kissing his forehead before walking out of the room and closing the door behind me.

I walked to mine and Rick's room and saw him only wearing a pair of pants.

"What are you doing Rick? Because if you're trying to seduce me, it's working." I said, walking closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against him.

"I was going to bed." He said.

"I'll join you. I miss sleeping next to you." I said, pulling away smiling. I laid down and he got in beside me and pulled my against him. "Goodnight Rick." I said, looking at him.

"Goodnight Maddie." He said, pecking my lips. I closed my eyes and fell asleep in his arms.