33

I woke up in my cell and looked beside me and saw Rick.

"Thank god you woke up Maddie." Rick said, smiling.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out because of your bullet wound." He answered.

"Where's Daryl?" I asked. He looked at me then looked down.

"He left with Merle." He told me. I didn't say anything just looked down. "I'm sorry Maddie. He said no Merle, no him." Rick said. "And we couldn't stop him." He added.

"I should've seen it coming, Daryl and Merle were always close." I said. "But Rick, I hope you know that I won't leave the group." I said.

"I'm happy for that but I'm sorry Daryl left to go with Merle inside of staying here." Rick said.

"It's alright Rick." I said. I got my legs off the bed and stood up.

"You shouldn't be moving Maddie." He said, standing up.

"Rick, I have a wound on my arm not my leg and I don't want to stay in the bed." I said, turning to him. "I need fresh air." I said, still looking at him.

"Okay, I'll go with you." He said. We both walked outside and sat at one of the tables that was outside. I was looking at the sky until I felt someone looking at me. I turned and saw Rick staring at me.

"What is it Rick?" I asked.

He didn't say anything but instead started leaning in closer to me. I found myself doing the same thing and soon our faces was an inch apart. He closed the gap and connected our lips and started kissing me. I kissed him back and after a minute we pulled away.

"Maddie, I need to tell you something." He said, looking at me. "I know we've known each other for almost a year but during that time we got closer. You were the one that was always there for me and you always understood my decisions and I know it may seem like it's too soon to move on from Lori but I couldn't stop myself from getting feelings for you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you." He confessed. I was shocked at his confession but I can't lie saying I don't feel the same way towards him.

"I need to tell you something too Rick." I said. He looked at me and waited for me to speak. "I love you too." I confessed.

He smiled and hugged me before pulling away and kissed me again. We were back inside and Hershel was looking at my arm to make sure it's not getting infected.

"It's not getting infected but try not to lift anything with it, alright?" Hershel said.

"I won't. Thank you Hershel." I thanked him, smiling. He smiled back before leaving my cell. I stood up and walked back outside and looked at the forest. I felt myself tearing up from Daryl leaving but I knew that I had to forget so I can stay focused on everything we have to do.

"Hi Maddie." I heard Glenn say. I turned and smiled before looking back towards the forest.

"Hi Glenn, shouldn't you be relaxing in bed?" I asked.

"Yeah but I can only stay in there for so long." He answered. "Maddie, I'm sorry we couldn't convince Daryl to stay." He apologized.

"You don't have to apologize Glenn. I know you did what you could but you can't separate him and Merle because they are brothers." I said.

"But you're his sister." He said.

"I know but it's alright. I can't let it get to me." I replied. We both went back inside and Glenn laid back down while I just sat on the steps near my cell.