one hundred and two

Start from the beginning

"Remus! Quick! The floor is lava!" Sirius exclaimed with urgency, Remus just blinked at him as he walked further into the room.

"You shouldn't stand on tables." Remus stated, looking up at James and Sirius.

"Well, we don't want to die." Sirius put emphasis on the final word in his sentence and Remus shook his head.

"Unlike you moony, seems like you have a death wish." James added, raising an eyebrow at the taller boy.

"We need to talk about your professionalism." Remus implied, raising a hand to his forehead and rubbing just above his eyebrow.

"Those are very brave words from someone standing in lava."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie let out a small sigh as she ran a hand through her hair, her eyes were wide as she continued to look down on the newspaper that lay in front of her on the Gryffindor table.

She didn't need to turn the page, the words were already there; big, black, bold letters that stood out on the white surface and drew your eyes towards them before you had time to register what was going on.

"Fuck." Cassie muttered as her eyes continued to scan over the text on the front page.

There was an image just below the words, the way it moved in an endless cycle made Cassie feel as if it was taunting her and anyone who would have looked upon it.

The skull was made out thick, grey clouds that faded at the edges but overall looked like a solid mass in the sky. There was another cloud coming out of the skulls mouth, it was a long, thin snake that slithered and withered in the skulls mouth like it was slowly loosing any life that it might have had in it.

If Cassie was trying to find humour in the situation, she probably would've said that the skull was giving a blow job.

But she wasn't.

Her eyes couldn't leave the page, scanning over the words and image more times than they probably should have.

"Half-Blood family of 4 killed in the most recent attack."

Cassie's heart sunk as she continued to read over it, and each time she did, her heart sunk further into her chest.

The youngest killed was only 5.

5-fucking-year-old. Cassie thought, bitterly.

She slowly shook her head, wanting to tear her eyes away from the news paper but being unable to.

How could anyone think that that was right? Killing innocent people because of their blood-status?

It made Cassie sick - it made her ashamed of being a pure-blood.

She'd never cared about blood status, not once has she looked down on someone who didn't have pure-blood and not once had she looked up to someone more because they did.

She never would.

Their blood didn't define who they were as a person, that went deeper than skin and blood as a whole.