Forty-four

Me and Jisung quickly run around. "Hyunjin are you sure that tracker is really her?" I nod. "Y/N is never hard to missed." Jisung nod. "Alright." We both stopped running and look around. "Jisung, I'll go this way," I said, pointing at one direction. "..and you go that way." Jisung sigh. "Alright, you stay safe." I nod. Jisung quickly run to the other direction. I start walking to my direction.

'I'm sorry Jisung. Y/N is not that direction. But I hope you make it back to the hideout.'

I press the earpiece. "Call backup later." I start running deeper to the other side of the city. Sidewalks were empty and lamppost were dimming. Cars were quiet and wind howling in the night, nothing was moving but a search for Y/N. I continue running in the night, until I heard walking, as there was a crunch of tiny rocks getting step on.

I stopped running and look around. Where did I heard that? "It's you." She spoke up. I turn around. Y/N was standing beside a lamppost that was three lamppost down. I didn't say a word, seeing her appearance so strangely. She look exhausted. "Y/N." She put her hand into her jacket. I furrow my brows. Is she gonna shoot? Y/N pull out a lollipop and look at it.

She look at me and walk over. I slowly back away, she continuing walking. I continue walking back slowly. "Stop it." She said. I stopped taking my steps. Y/N approach to me and hand me a lollipop. I look at it and raise a brow. Y/N sigh and snatch the lollipop back and unwrap it. She poke it at my lip. I slowly my mouth. Y/N poke my lip, before I was about to eat the lollipop Y/N quickly peck my lip and put the lollipop in her mouth.

"Okay," She pull out a gun out from her jacket and pointed at me. I was confuse and concern. Did I just got distracted? Deceived? Right when she was about to pull the trigger. I quickly grab the barrel of the gun and pull her in. The trigger was pull and gunshot was heard and echo the area. Y/N eyes widen. "Did you...." I smile. "I'm sorry, Y/N." I cup her face.

She furrow her brows. "You didn't.." She drop the gun and took a step back. I groan in pain, as blood was dripping down from my arm. I took a deep breath and dig from the bullet in my wound, letting out a rage of groans. After few minutes, I finally took out the bullet and toss it away. Y/N's lollipop fell out of her mouth. "Hyunjin...." Tears began forming in her eyes. "You didn't just..."

I breathe heavily. Sweats were rolling aside my forehead. Blood was forming a pool. And tears were falling, from the love of his life. I smile and make my way toward Y/N.

Y/N POV

No way! How could this.. Hyunjin walk over and pull me into a hug. "Forgive me, please." I furrow my brows. "You didn't just risk yourself like that." I pat her head. "Of course, I have to. What can I do to ask you back? Money? Love? Tears? Or my feelings?" I start crying. "Hyunjin-"

"Hyunjin!" Jisung voice broke in. I quickly push away. Hyunjin remain standing still. Jisung came between us two. "Are you okay?" He asked. Jisung look down at Hyunjin's wound. His eyes grew big and threw me a glare. "You didn't..." Jisung pull out his gun and about to shoot. "Oops, thanks." A hand snatch the gun out of Jisung's hand. The three of us look over. Jungkook smile and wave.

"Hi. Y'all do know it's too late to be doing drugs, right?" Hyunjin sigh. "Chan sent you, huh?" Jungkook raise his brows. "Um, it's just surprising that I have to run into you drug dealers here, ya'know." I look away. Hyunjin scoff. "Whatever." Hyunjin turn away and was about to walk away but he collapse. Quickly, Jisung caught him. "Hyung! Hyung!"

Jungkook sigh and look at me. "Hey, roach. Are you done playing with lives?" My knuckles turned white. "I-" Jisung threw me a glare. "Because of you!" He pull out another gun and was about to pull the trigger. Jungkook quickly knock him out. "Kid, you are too open ya'know." He sigh and look at me. "Explain yourself to the old man and your brother. Or else you're gonna be worst than a roach." He threw Jisung over his shoulder and Hyunjin over his other shoulder.

Jungkook walk away. I loosen my grip and look at the gun that I've drop. "I've tainted a special gift..... from the one for me."

***

Jimin came out of the room. "He's alright." Jungkook nod. "Knowing that damn Killer-Machine. He can't possibly die that easily." Jimin look over at me and smile. "Sis." I look up. Jimin came and sat down beside of me. "You good?" I play my fingers, remain silent. Jungkook sigh. "Shall I....?" Jimin nod. Jungkook nod and walk away. Jimin look at me. "Right, I shouldn't ask you if you're okay." He said, looking away.

"Brother, do you think I'm a good person?" Jimin look at me. "Ah... about that." I sigh. "I don't think I am because I am after all the Mafia King's daughter, so I'm bound to be a bad person." Jimin remain silent. "And as an inherit from my father. I have to keep up his dark legacy." Jimin sigh. "Y/N I don't think you're a bad person." I look at him. "You're point? Literally, I kill a lot of people already and you still consider me as a good person."

"No, I mean you're a good person in your own way and no body cannot judge it. Look at Hyunjin... I mean he's a good person in his own way." I furrow my brows. "I don't get it. That dude is literally a jack-ass." Jimin think for a moment. "Look at the way he looks at you, and act toward you." I look away. "Those are false." Jimin sigh. "Then, why would he risk a bullet from you." I threw Jimin a glare. Jimin smile innocently. "I've known you too well, sister."

"I-"

"Wait, are you bleeding?" Jimin asked, pointing down on the floor. Some drops of blood were falling slowly. I quickly pull the sleeves of my pants up. Shit, my wound are open again. Jimin look at me. "How did you-" I quickly pull it back down and stand up. Jimin grab my arm and pull me back down. "You're injured." Jimin was about to pull it back up. I push him away. "No need!"

I heard a gun got loaded and I could feel the tip of it pointing at me. "Your ass better remain sitting there." Ah--fuck! I look up and frown. Fuck it's old man, Yoongi.