Cassie titled her head to the side slightly and closed her book, folding the corner of the page that she was on so she didn't loose her spot.

She shuffled on Sirius' bed so that she was now sitting on the edge of it with her body facing James and her legs were dangling over the edge of it, swinging back and forth slowly.

"I'm not joking James." Cassie's tone was full of confusion as she responded.

"We we're talking and she offered-"

"You're being pathetic." James scoffed as he turned back to his parchment, however, he didn't write anything down.

Cassie stared at him for a few moments as she opened her mouth and closed it again not long after.

She didn't know how to respond.

"I- what?" She finally questioned after a few more moments of silence.

"You're being pathetic, you don't need to go and stay with Lily."

Cassie blinked at James and let out a shaky breath.

"I know I don't need to, but I want to-"

"That's fucking stupid. Why would you want to?"

Cassie's bottom lip began to quiver slightly at James' tone of voice. She didn't know what she had done to cause it, or if she had even done anything at all.

She stopped it the moment she realised that it was, James didn't seem to have noticed and if he did, he didn't show it.

"I get you're angry with everything that's going on, but you don't have to fucking take it out on me James."

"I'm not taking anything out on you! I just think that you're being stupid."

Cassie rolled her eyes, standing up and making her way to the door of James' dorm.

"Where are you going?" James asked, he too stood up from his bed and took a few steps
towards Cassie.

Cassie rested her forehead on the door as she responded. The wood was cold on her skin.

"I'm just leaving."

"We're not done talking about this Cassie!"

Cassie shook her head as she turned around to face James again.

They were only a few steps away from each other.

"We weren't talking about it in the first place, you were just calling me pathetic when I told you something."

James shook his head slowly and he rolled his eyes once again.

"We were talking about it-!"

"If that's what you call talking then maybe you need a dictionary for Christmas!"

"Okay, let's talk."

Cassie nodded, taking a short breath before she began to speak.

"I'm staying at Lily's over the summer-"

"I know that, what I don't get is why?"