He would have to wait.

-

It was calm in the tower. Despite the horrors which had occurred the night before, Layla was able to make peace with herself.

Hermione and Harry were talking about something over by the railing while Ron and herself sat and talked. It's funny how one action can change someone's perspective. Only last year, Ron had despised Layla's liking towards Draco. But now, he felt guilty to see them lose one another. The new fondness towards Draco had also bought the two much closer. They were almost like siblings at this point, having grown up with one another.

Suddenly Harry began speaking about what he had to do. "...But I'll let you three know where I am when I can." Layla got up and shook her head, a small chuckle leaving her lips. Grasping the letter in her hand, she began to speak.

"That won't be necessary," she smiled, handing the letter over. Harry ripped open the letter apprehensively. "He told me at the beginning of the year he wanted me to join you in whatever you had to do. I guess this is it."

"Layla, no you-" he stopped and shook his head, laughing a little. Then he looked back to her and nodded. There was no stopping her. She would be a great asset to the task.

"I've always admired your courage, Harry," Hermione began. "But sometimes, you can be really thick." Layla shared a glance with her, and they both giggled a little. "You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry. All three of us."

Harry went silent, but he seemed to have been won over by Hermione. Whatever was to come in the next year, it would be all four of them. Not being too close to the other two, Layla worried, but she had a skill, and she would use that to her advantage. Selflessness, kindness, empathy and consideration, the skills that made her so much more attractive for a friend.

But Layla was falling apart. And whether she would hold herself together to be there for the others was a whole other question. A question no one could answer for the time being.

Suddenly, a loud squawk emitted through the sky. The call was one of a Pheonix. Ron, Harry and Hermione all walked over to another window to watch the bird. But Layla stood back and smiled at the three friends. They would have one another in the coming year. It was time to say goodbye to her real friends.

Blaise, the boy whom she had gotten through charms the first year. The kind, tall and charming boy who had stuck with her since.

Pansy, the girl that she had met in Herbology. A talkative, smiley, passionate friend that had been there to share and accept advice.

Eleanor. The roommate scared Layla at first. But had since become someone who she could barely cope without. She was a lively, loyal and social.

Daniel. The boy who Layla had offered her friendship to upon first glance. He was intelligent, kind, and a good listener. Daniel had become more than a friend. He was like family.

Neville. A boy who seemed far too shy to be a Gryffindor, but when Layla actually got to know him in their third year, she was blown away. Their shared passion for friendship and Herbology had drawn them to one another.

Seamus. Funny, genuine, and sometimes a little out of control, but these qualities only drew her to him. He was a good ear, and he and Layla had found themselves similar.

Dean. The boy that had offered much advice to her love life, as she had his. He was down to earth, gentle and friendly. Despite only really meeting in their fifth year, they were closer than ever.

But there was one goodbye Layla would miss this year. One she had already said but was already regretting. A boy who had helped her threw her baggage. He had stuck by her side, stood up for her, taken care of her and admitted his feeling for her. Draco was kind, genuine, sweet, gentle and many more words that nor Layla or I could even try to explain. The two had fallen head over heels for one another, only to lose each other. It wasn't fair. But life isn't fair, that what they say, isn't it?

How come other couple's get to be happy... But not them? Where is their happy ending?

But then again, life is no fairytale.

In fairytales everyone lives happily ever after. But in this world, who would make it? Who would get to live after the war ends?

Who will get lucky?

A/N - So.... I haven't uploaded all week because... Idrk. But anyway, thank you, everyone! Especially those who have stuck around. My story is now at 6K reads (that may not seem like much... But to me it is massive.) To break that all down...

I have an average of 98 reads, 7 votes and 5 comments per chapter... Yay!

It would be massively appreciated if you vote and share this story, give me suggestions and let me know what I need to work on in my writing (the word punctuation is banned btw) My ultimate goal is to get 10k reads.

Thank you all  ♥♥♥