44

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

"You got so big siah' " Jalanee said to her nephew,as she poured warm water over his hair. He started to smile and splash the water all over the place. I rinsed out the remaining soap that was in his hair,and wrapped a towel around him.

"I'm hungry." He managed to say out. I picked him up,and dried his body up. "What you want to eat?" I asked him.

Kayla and Joe were out doing god knows what,and I was home alone with Messiah and Kington. Living here has been okay,but I hated feeling like I was intervening Joe and Kayla's privacy all the time. I was grateful she even wanted me to move in with them. I had plans to move out and find my own place,but that was a whole longer process.

"Cookies!" He said excitedly. I smiled at him,and placed him on the bed where his clothes were all laid out.

"How about we just make them from scratch?" I said looking at him. I had nothing better to do today,and I honestly loved messiah's company. The only person around me who's life was really normal,and was constantly happy. It was good to have a sense of that still around.

"He don't know how to make no damn cookies." Kingston said,jumping on the bed. He was so damn bad. He had the mouth of a grown man,but I blamed Joe. Messiah looked at him,and started laughing,not knowing understanding most of what Kingston said

"Kingston stop cussing. Go downstairs while I get your brother ready. You wanna help us make cookies too?" I asked as I rubbed lotion on Messiah's legs.

"Yeah." He said picking up his ipad and running out the room. "Cookies!" Messiah called out,while drooling.

"I wonder when your parents will be back." I said looking at my phone,that read 7pm. I put on Messiah's clothes and placed on the floor. He quickly stood on his own and started patting my stomach.

"What?" I said looking at him confused. He started going on his tippy toes,and I was still confused on what he wanted.

"What you want? You wanna get picked up or something?" I said. He nodded and I let out an exhale as I picked him up. Taking care of a almost two year old was tiring,but I think if I had my own child it'd fall in love with the whole process.

It's crazy that I always had dreams about me and Kentrell having children. It's like it was almost a sign. I was so ready to go give that man a baby too. He did always make handsome children.

"You too big to be getting carried now." I said as I walked down the steps barefoot. As I got closer downstairs,the sod of loud music was playing,and it automatically bothered me. I wanted a quiet and calm night.