10

Kentrell Gaulden

Kentrell Gaulden

"I promise you I'll split this nigga wig." I yelled out.

"Calm down it's not even that serious." Kayla said rolling her eyes,trying to put Messiah to sleep. I spared her some embarrassment,and just ignored her.

"What if that wasn't even him? What if it really was her?" Boomer said,making everyone look at him.

"She wouldn't do something like that." Ben said.

"Why the fuck would she even let this nigga take her phone and send me some shit like that? I'll leave that nigga dead. In front of his daughter too." I yelled out,standing.

"Kentrell just leave it alone you don't need to be in any more trouble as it is." Teelee said. I sucked my teeth and walked off into my room.

Jalanee had me fucked up. She had that nigga texting my phone like I'm some hoe. I called her phone more then 20 times that shit when straight to voicemail. That nigga was ducking beef. I ain't gon let no bitch ass nigga think he finna disrespect me. Jalanee moving like a bitch,like she letting this nigga run all over her. I hated that shit about her,she let people run all over her. She even let me do that shit to her. I pulled out my phone and called my grandma.

"Hey Bubba. I was just about to lay down." My grandma said on the other line of the phone,making me smile.

"You want me to call you later?" I asked

"No,it's fine. Did something happened?" She said,making me take a deep breath.

"Jalanee's boyfriend becoming a issue." I said,getting angry again.

"Wasn't he always?" She said chuckling.

"I texted her telling her to call me we needed to talk. He texted me saying she ain't wanna nothing to do with me and to stop texting her phone. Granny you know how I get,especially when it come to ha' . "

"Now if you was with her and another man messaged her you'd have the same reaction,maybe even worse." She said.

"I ain't text her on none of that. I just said for her to call me. I don't know him and he don't know me,he need to stop addressing me like I'm some bitch-"

"Watch it." Granny said sternly.

"I feel like he controlling her. Me and you both know her. She scary. She don't like speaking up for herself. He probably stepping all over her. I don't like that shit. At all." I said.

"If that's what's happening here,I'll ask her about it. I'll let you know what's going on or what she tells me. What are you going to do about her?" She said to me.

"I don't know. She clearly don't want me. She would've had to tell him i texted her,out of respect for him." I said.

Jalanee was confusing and I wasn't gonna keep forcing this shit. I had to move on some point of my life. She played such an important role in my life,it's hard to just move on,even years later.

"Don't think like that. I will talk to her and let you know. Have you been taking care of yourself?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I said quickly.

"You better not be lying." She said.

"I'm not. I'll let you go lay down." I said.

"Okay,Please be smart and wise with your actions these next days. Remember your a father." She said,making me laugh.

"Alright,I will. I love you." I said

"I love you too,bye." She said hanging up.

I tried Jalanee's number again but nobody answered.

Jalanee Coleman

I placed ice on my thighs as a tear drop fell over them. I never in a million years though I'd be back in this position. I felt so disgusting. There was bruises along the inner part of my thighs,and my eyes were swollen. My legs were sore as well. I felt so helpless. I always end up in a situation with a nigga,where I get hurt. I really wished I never left Kentrell. I was thing so hard to get over him,I ended up putting myself in a position where I was worst at. I just felt completely powerless,the whole time Dave used me and my body. I thought he was going to kill me last night. My body isn't mines anymore. Not only has it been contaminated and taken from me,but I can't clean it and return it back to the way it was before. I didn't know if this was going to go away,but I felt completely broken. He just kept on beating on me last night,but I really did try to fight back but he hs all control over me. He left me crying to sleep and when I woke up he was gone.

I didn't know what my next steps would be. I didn't wanna go through this shit again,at all. Dave literally knew where I loved. I work from home. I couldn't just pick up everything a move,that'll at-least take another two months. I blocked and deleted Kentrell's phone number as soon as I woke up and I didn't honestly know why. I'm just so scared for my life. I looked a mess right now,and just was scared of myself at the moment. Dave was completely aware that what he made me do were things I didn't like to do or want to do.

I got up slowly from my bed,lipping to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and bit my lip trying to to hold in my tears. I looked so unattractive. I washed up my face,and looked at my phone that started buzzing. I looked over at it and seen it was my nana,at the same time I had gotten a text from my Kayla. I let the phone call ring,and I slid to see what Kayla texted me.

Kayla
call me asap

I closed out of our messages and shut my phone off. I walked to the front of my apartment to make sure the doors were locked,I seen my vase on the floor and an empty bottle on the table right next to it. Drunk or not what he did to me was wrong. I really thought Dave was an angel sent. Now a days it felt like I couldn't trust anyone or let them in. How could he do this? I took care of his child,when I didn't have to. I let him into my apartment when he couldn't even cover his bills. I feel played and disrespected. You could give your heart to someone,and they would use that as an advantage to hurt you.

King came running to me,and started licking my ankles,and I smiled and carried him. This was the only thing that left that I had left of Kentrell. I loved how thoughtful he was,I would always talk about how I never had a pet growing up,and he popped up with King some months later. I always told him I didn't care what came with him,but I switched on him once he was having children. I still would do it again though,which makes me upset. I wish me and him would've worked out. He would've never hurt me,let alone put his hands on me. Even when I was upset with him, I have this unseen tie to him,and we're miles apart. Just thinking about him,made me feel safe.

I needed to find a way to get away and get away fast. I didn't want a repeat of me. relationship with Kai,I don't think I would even come out this relationship alive,if I stayed. I just didn't want to leave him,and he stalked me just like Kai. I just would need to tell him. I wished my sister was here,she wouldn't have let any of this shit happen to me. I hated Dave at this moment,all the feelings I had for him went away the moment he laid a finger on me.

________________