146

Omniscient POV
Atlanta, Georgia

"Kentrell Gaulden do you promise to tell the truth and only the truth so help me god?"

He smacks his lips and looks into space. "Yup."

"So..Mr.Gaulden you're a felon."

"Damn he went straight for it." Ben says.

"The fuck that gotta do with this shit?" Kentrell responded.

"Watch it sir." The Judge warns.

"Felon in possession of a firearm and possessing a firearm not registered to him and attempted murder." The man read off a file.

Jalanee sat up straight, getting nervous, seeing where this was going.

"So you've attempted murder yourself?" The man says chuckling.

"Man' ion know watchu trying. I got proven not guilty in that case so get off my dick."

"But we know wassup." Jania smirks.

"Bitch I'll f-"

"Order! Mr.Gaulden one more time and you'll be asked to be removed."

He glared at Jania and sat back in his chair.

"How many children do you have?"

"I got 4 kids."

"And These are all Miss Coleman's children as well? If I'm not mistake."

"Y'all do this shit everytime I'm in court." He chuckles evilly. "Nah. My youngest child her's."

"So how did you find out about your fiancé being in the hospital?"

"My aunt and sister called me."

"The alleged victim your fiancé. Correct?"

"Yeah."

"Your phone records shows many individuals called you that night but you didn't pick up the phone until 1:23 AM. A total of 43 phone calls were made in attempt to contact you. Jalanee got admitted into the emergency room at 12:47. Why weren't you answering your phones?"

"Cause It was late. I ain't feel like answering them calls. Just wanted to get back home with my fiancé. If I knew it was about her, I would've answered. My family crazy, they do shit like all call me at the same time just for a reaction." Some of Kentrell's family members who were in the crowd chuckled. Jalanee on the other head, was kind of shocked of well of a liar he was.

"And who were you with during this time of that night"

"Nobody." He lies again.

"So how did you arrive to the hospital with Joseph Robinson. Or As you guys may call him "Babyjoe".

"I went to the store by myself, ain't find no fresh garlic. So i let up with Babyjoe, that's when the phone calls started. His baby mama was calling his phone up and so he answered and that's how we found out. And went to the hospital together.... the fuck."

"Well my client tells me you two were on a killing spree. 5 black men within the ages of 18-24 all found dead the night of the alleged attack. Gunshot wounds to the chest, torso, and head."

"Ion know nun about that. I was just looking for garlic for my girl that night." Kentrell shrugged.

"So if I'm listening? You went out to do a favor for your pregnant girlfriend. And Ended up going to the hospital."

"Ain't that what I just said."

"The local grocery store is only 10 minutes from your home. Why did it take you so long?"