39

Jalanee Coleman

"Kentrell go take the kids out to the car,I need to finish getting ready

"Kentrell go take the kids out to the car,I need to finish getting ready." I said looking at myself in the mirror.

"Say' How I tie this shit?" He said walking behind me,I looked at him through the mirror and seen him struggling with his tie. I smiled at how adorable he looked,and turned around. "You look handsome baby. You need to wear suits some more." I said draping the tie around his collar. "I only wear these shits to court appearances." He said proudly,

"Why you picked this fancy ass place out of all restaurants in the city?" He said to me,wrapping his arms around my waist. "I just wanted me,you,and the kids to go out as family for once." I said making a loop with both sides of his tie.

"You look good as fuck. You love wearing these little tight ass dresses." He said gripping on my butt,then slapping it.

"Mommy,Draco just spilled juice on the dress Daddy got me." Our daughter said walking in the room,rubbing her face that was red from crying.

"Draco! Getcho ass up here." Kentrell yelled out,I sighed and finished his tie,and adjusted his dress shirt.

"Baby don't yell at him,he's just a kid." I said,walking up to our daughter as she had her bottom lip poked out.

"I'll change her,go finish getting ready." He said kissing my cheek. He looked down at her small body,and started laughing at her facial expressions.

"You such a baby like yo' mama sometimes. Little ass stain." He said picking her up. "But Daddy I love this dress." She said letting another tear roll off her face.

"I know but we finna put you in a new one." He said kissing her and walking out the room.

My eyes snap open, covered in a cold sweat with my heart pounding. The room was pitch dark and all that was heard off was Teelee's snoring. The vision of Kentrell walking out the room faded as I squinted looking at the door of the room. I started to get paranoid as I threw the sheets off my body.

I didn't understand why I dreamt of him. I missed his good side,and I fell in love with the Kentrell that was able to control himself. To see him take pills and Yaya not stop him bothered me. I was just scared that he'd let the drugs take over him again,to the point he took it like it was apart of his daily routine.

I jumped out of the bed,and walked out of the door. I wiped the cold sweat off my forehead,walking down the steps slowly. Times like this I wished he was up with me. I looked into the kitchen,and seen a figure sitting on their phone. It was dark so it looked scarier from a far.

"Who's there?" I called out,the person lifted their head up and looked my direction.

"It's Quando. Wassup Cuz." He said. I switched the light on,and he flashed his smile at me,with his grills showing.