86

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

"You're temperature is 103." I said taking the thermometer out of Jayda's mouth. I sighed in the bag I got from the pharmacy and pulled out a bottle of Tylenol.

"Jayda you should consider going to the hospital. 103 is scary."

"No. Trust me I'm good." She said wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"Here,Kentrell pass me that water bottle." I said looking untwisting the medicine bottle cap.

"Jayda where the fuck your towels?" Ben said walking in from the back.

"Uh..I didn't know you had company Jayda." I said looking at her sternly.

I couldn't believe she was trying to keep this abortion situation a secret but still be messing around with this man. Jayda really wasn't the smartest when it came to relationships and men and I knew I'd have to be the one to fix her mess up.

I couldn't even really be mad at her,when you like someone you just wanna be around them. But this was plain dumb.

"Wassam Ten. Watch doing here?" Kentrell said handing me the bottle and smirking. He walked over to him,and they both were laughing.

"Bitch you know why I'm here." Ben said laughing. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch. "Jayda why is he here?" I spoke lowly to her.

"He called me last night. I couldn't just not say no..I'm sorry." She whispered. "Did you sleep with him?" I asked looking over at Him and Kentrell continuing to laugh.

"No. I'm spotting a little bit. He just stayed the night."

"Jayda I'm telling you he's going to put two and two together." I said handing her the pills. "If not him,I think Kentrell would."

"No they're not. They probably just think it's the time of the mouth." She put her hand out for the water bottle,and I handed it to her. I shook my
head,just looking at her.

"Your boy problems might just get me in trouble and I don't want that."

"Can't nobody get mad at you for what I did."

"I mean if he's going to be around so much you might as well tell him." I said.

"I'm finna have two lil girls here soon. Ain't nobody got it like I do." Kentrell said coming near us.

"Who else you got pregnant? Nigga you fucked up again?" Ben said looking at us both.

"Nigga what? She having twins." Kentrell said snaking his arm around me,smiling.

"Oh shit."

"Awww Congrats." Jayda said coming over to me,opening her arms up to give me a hug. Kentrell pulled me back,slightly and chuckled. "I ain't tryna get her sick." He said putting his chin on my shoulder.

"You're dragging it." I giggled a bit. "Thanks Wayda." I said smiling.

"Congrats Twin. But this nigga can't wrap it up for shit." Ben said patting Kentrell's shoulder.

"That's funny for you to say." I mumbled. Jayda nudged me with her elbow.

"What the fuck you talking about?" Ben said to me.

"Huh? What you talking about?" I replied.

"Ben she was talking to me. You swear everything be about you." Jayda said.

"Y'all weird. We finna head out though." Kentrell said,I looked at him and scrunched my face up. We barely even been here for a half a hour. "But-"

"Jalanee let's go." Kentrell cut me off,picking my purse up for me. I waved the room goodbye,before taking Kentrell's hand to walk out.

The car ride was quiet but the energy was definitely there. I was still in disbelief that I was having a baby at all,especially by Kentrell. The old me would've ran away from him when I had the chance. He brought so much food into my life and I loved that. He also kinda saved me,but that's a conversation for another day.

"I'm thinking about flying yo people out." Kentrell said.

"My people? Who?" I said confused.

"Yo mama nem."

"Why?" I asked him. He ran his hands up and down my thigh and sucked his teeth. "You don't have an answer?" I said looking at the side of his face.

"I just wanna bring both our families out here to do sum. We about to have us some kids,we not gon have time to be with em."

"Kentrell you have three kids,you see your family everyday." I said chucking. "Crazy tail self."

"Cause they got mamas,that they be with when I'm not with them. Me and you like a partnership now. And plus I ain't leaving your ass with two babies just to see my family."

I smiled at his word choice. "I guess you have a point. You could fly them out,it's not really a big deal for me." He took his eyes off the road and looked at me. "What?"

"Youn sound happy." He said turning his head back. I sighed and looked out at the window. I just knew something iffy was going to happen and I hated that because I had good hopes. I just wanted to live a life where I never had to worry about a thing,I'm more then happy as of right now and wanted to keep it that way. My mom was really bad with people and holding her tongue.

"Wassup?" Kentrell said.

"It's just that My mother. You know? She always argued with my grandma and I feel like she's going to do some out of pocket shit and I know for a fact your mother isn't going to hold her tongue for my mother."

"Ain't nobody say shit about Sherhonda kicking it with us."

"She's your mother? Is she not? If we're going to
be doing family type things she should be there."

"You talking about you don't want nobody arguing but you want her ass there."

I laughed and shook my head. Both of our mothers weren't really friendly but His mother was by far way worse. "She's not that bad." I said trying to convince him.

"Ion want her there. That's it. Don't even call that women my mama."

"What do you even have planned?" I asked him as we pulled up in front of our home.

"I was thinking about bringing everyone out to the new house just to chill or do some family shit. We finna move there in a couple months anyways. It's sum nice cause they only gon be out here for the weekend."

"That seems fun. Just don't go inviting the whole Br there." I said. The less people,the better.

"I don't even fuck with people." He said getting out of the car. I did the same and followed behind me as we walked back into the house. Since our appointment took up some time and then stopping at Jayda took up more time,the only thing I really wanted to do was sleep.

____________________________________