82

Kentrell Gaulden

Kentrell Gaulden

I really was thinking about buying this girl a ring and marrying her. She was damn near my bestfriend at this point,we wasn't on that one and off shit anymore. When the person you love makes you feel like a better version of yourself without trying to change you,then you know that's who you wanna just fuck with for the rest of your life.

I walked into Tiffany & Co. with Teelee,I had to bring her,I didn't know what the fuck a woman wanted.

"Ouuu this is so cute Trell get her this!" She said pointing at the first thing she saw.

"We ain't even get fully in the store yet." I said side eyeing her. I walked to the glass displays with rings in side them.

"You proposing when you get back?" She asked.

"Hell no."

"So when?"

I didn't wanna propose to her while she was pregnant,but some time after. I'm already nervous as hell for the baby,this shit a different type of stressful.

"Ion know." I shrugged.

"So why you just bought that ring? For fun?" She scoffed.

"I'm gon' ask her to marry me dumbass,but soon. Sooner then you think."

"Awee I'm so happy for you." She squealed. "Seriously Trell,I would've thought you would've had 8 kids and all different baby mamas by now. and Still fucking with all them,on rotation."

"Why you do me like that?" I said laughing.

"No but in all honesty I really proud of you. You probably the first nigga in our family to get married in years! When was the last time we even went to a wedding?"

"Shid ion know. I just know I'm gon step for my own wedding." I said thinking about it. "Tired of calling her my girl."

"Yeah we know. All you do is remind us she your girl. It's about time." She laughed in between words. "I didn't even know you wanted to get married."

"I didn't. But she different. Make a nigga wanna marry her. And it ain't just the pussy either."

"Ew...." She said sounded weirded out. I ain't care cause it was true,I loved shawty cause she was always down for me,even when I'm fucking up.

We looked around for rings. I didn't know which one would be the perfect ring. If Jalanee didn't like it she wouldn't even say anything,she'd deal with it simply because it was a gift to her. That was going to be my problem.

"How about this?" She said tapping through the glass

"That shit big as fuck. She don't like stuff like that. She simple."

"Well excuse me." She said chuckling.

"Wait,Mama know you plan on purposing? Ain't you suppose to ask Jalanee daddy or sum for her? Sum like that."

"I gotta ask?"

"Yeah you suppose to ask for her hand in marriage."

"I'm supposed to?" I said sucking my teeth. "You don't have to,but it's respectful. You should."

"That shit pointless,but I'll do it."  I wasn't even a married man yet and this shit already came with so much steps.

"I fuck with this one."  I said looking at a gold, cut diamond with baguette diamonds on the band,ring.

"It's cute but don't you think this shit kinda big. Don't you think?"

"Flooded with diamonds though. I think she'll like it."

"She gonna love it. This is so raw." She said picking up the ring from the glass.

"She gon love this one fasho." I said as a smile came across my face.

"Aye' ring this up for me." I said to the man on the other side of the counter.

"I still can't believe you bought Yaya ass that ring. You telling me you got on knee and asked her to marry you?!"

"Fuck no. I just bought her the ring,gave it to her in my car. It wasn't a wedding ring,engagement,none of that. She was crazy as fuck."

"So how do you plan on doing all of this?" She asked.

"Ion know but I want it to be different. Ion wanna do no shit everybody do."

"You should probably leave the ring with me so you don't fuck up the surprise and she find it at the house."

"I will. Her nosey ass love walking around the house,going through shit."

"I should probably ask her when she go into labor."

Teelee looked at me like I had two heads. "You're never suppose to do that. That's too much pressure on one woman."

My phone started buzzing. "Jalanee calling me" I said looking at my phone.

"You better step out and answer." She said. I declined the call,and slid the phone back in my pocket. I handed the man my card,and looked back at the ring that was in his hands.

"I'll call her later. She gon suspect something."

Jalanee Coleman

"Girl I missed you!" I said running over to Destiny.

Kentrell didn't give me 100k for no reason,I figured I'd fly Destiny out. I honestly missed her so much.

"Look at you! Your skin is glowing!" She said hugging me. I picked up one of her bags,and moved to the side letting her into the house.

"And you still looking good. I have so much to tell you." I said closing the door behind her.

She looked around the house and smiled back at me. "This is nothing compared to them little ass apartments back in New York."

"Tell me about it." I said sitting on the couch.

"But what you been doing since you been here?"

"I stopped therapy. Well at-least until the baby is born. I really just sit home all day and go out every other weekend. I'm happy though." I added.

"I'm glad. You really deserved it. These two years really was hell."

"I know right. I never expected me to be happy again. You still with that white boy?"

"Chile yes. Happy as hell on this side too. We plan on moving in together soon." She said. King started barking,in his cage.

"You still kelp that rough ass dog?" I laughed and unlocked his cage,letting him roam around. "I'm never getting rid of him."

"You sure your boyfriend will be okay with me staying here?"

"Girl he's somewhere in Chicago right now. He doesn't need to know. I tried to tell him,he didn't pick up the phone."

"Speaking on y'all. Did y'all find names for the baby yet?"

"No,but we always wanted to name our kids Amir and Amira. I think I'm just going to go with that. It makes more sense,he swore we were having twins." I said laughing. I can't believe this man really told my parents I was pregnant,then I happened to be pregnant not even a month later.

"Those are cute. When do you find out the gender?"

"Not for another month or two." I said.

"That plane ride really worn me out."

"The shower is the first door to the right. I'll go get you some sheets for your room." I said standing up.

I really thought this would be a good time for her to come around. I loved me some Destiny.

_________________________________