99

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

I squeezed out relish across my line of my celery stick. It smelled so good to me and just became something I started to crave over time.

But my cravings seemed to change all the time,one second I want jello with donuts and another second I'll eat a spoonful of relish.

"Nasty ass." Kendell said rocking his baby girl to sleep.

"I see you finally got the hang of her." I said crunching on my celery.

"Young ass." Teelee said laughing.

"I be forgetting you only 17. You so young." I stated,as Teelee sat next to me.

"Age ain't shit but a number. I still run through hoes."

"Whatever happened to you and your baby mama?"

"They always on and off. He swear he smoking on all his exes,but be back with her." Teelee said with a chuckle.

"Nah I'm really done with that hoe." He said,placing the baby over his shoulders. "Say' that shit you eating starting to smell."

"Boy get the fuck on." Teelee said. "I loved dipping my pickles in orange juice when I was pregnant." Teelee said.

I was honestly so happy they were back in town. As much of a headache Kendell was,those two really were a huge part of my support system.

"Ew,I can't stand the smell of pickles now." I exclaimed.

"That's normal. I couldn't stand the smell of watermelons and that's so weird cause that's all I eat."

"The same thing happened with Jayda."

"Her fine ass." Kendell mumbled. "That's yo' cousin?"

"No,we're just good friends."

"Ben fucking on her or sum?"

"You always in somebody business." Teelee responded. "But is she?"

"I doubt it." I said looking around the room.

"Mane you lying like hell. You know sum' we don't." Kendell said.

"If I knew something I would've told y'all."

"No you wouldn't. You stay with that girl." He said.

"So why ask me?" I said getting up,smirking. I picked up the pack of cookies on the counter,and began to munch on them.

"I think they fucking. You gon prove me wrong?" He said.

"They not. Even if they did,I wouldn't know and want know. That's disturbing." I laughed.

"You seem back happy." Teelee said giving me a smile.

I shrugged. "Not happy,more like feeling more sane." I don't think I could ever be happy knowing Kentrell was locked away.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Mama put voodoo on her ass yesterday." Kendell blurted out.

"You need to get off her back. She's trying to change." I said.

"What y'all talking about?" Teelee asked with a confused look.

"She was being nice with me yesterday. It was almost creepy but in a good way. And we all know she don't like me." I explained. "So it was kind of new for me,but I'm convinced she's trying to change for the better."

"Mama was being weird,I'm talking about weird as fuck. She cooked for her and everything. Jalanee ain't go home til maybe 1 cause she kept tryna talk. She was happy as hell,telling me about y'all lil mother-daughter moment all night." Kendell said.

"I mean it was good for the both of us. I still wanna know why she didn't like me." I said thinking back to our conversation last night.

"She didn't like you because she's delusional and still living in 2018 and think Jania the one for Kentrell." Teelee said clearly getting irritated. "You probably the only girlfriend he had that I bothered to build a bond with,and I don't regret it. Even when y'all had y'all little break up period."

"I know." I said smiling at the thought.

"All i'm sayin' is don't trust her. Our mama weird." Kendell said."And knowing you,you probably think you got a friend in her." He added

"So y'all saying what she did was all her being fake? It seemed sincere,she even spoke about how she wanted to be a better mother to you guys." I said.

They looked at each other,and Teelee scoffed. "She just wanted some sympathy points."

"I think she really trying to come around." I defended.

"She do this every couple months,don't fall for it." Teelee said.

I honestly did think Sherhonda had a good side in her,maybe it was her son being in jail that opened her eyes up for her. Even if it was fake,It felt good knowing I had a moment with her.

"Watch when Kentrell is out,she gon be back to that bullshit she was on." Kendell said.

"I always thought she was kinda scared of Kentrell." I admitted.

"I be thinking she scared of him and Kendell. Both they mouths is unmatched when it comes to being disrespectful." Teelee added.

"It's hard to believe y'all are siblings sometimes. You so innocent and shy." I said.

________________________________________