117

Omniscient pov

Kentrell walked into the waiting room with Ben and Joe behind him and everyone eyes shot up at him. The look on everyone face,looked defeat,making his body tense up.

"What the fuck happened?" He asked getting quickly agitated. Nobody spoke,majority because they didn't wanna break the news to him.

"Y'all deaf? Where the fuck Jalanee?" He asked looking around the room for her.

"Kentrell..." Kayla said standing up. "It's bad...I'm sorry I really could've did more." She said breaking down into tears.

"Kayla you not telling me what happened? You telling me y'all niggas sitting here and don't know what happened?" He said observing the look on their faces.

"Why didn't y'all pick up the phones?" Teelee asked,folding her arms. "We been calling y'all non stop all night."

The three men looked at each other and held their heads low. "Where were you Joe?" Kayla asked sniffling. She already knew they were up to no good.

"Why you crying?" He said,shifting the subject. He held her as she cried.

"Jania stabbed her." She said through her tears.

"What?" Ben asked,looking at Kentrell.

"The fuck she just say?" Kentrell asked,looking around the room seeing his sister and Aunt in the corner.

Kentrell's aunt pulled him over to the corner,already knowing how confused and angry her nephew might be at the moment.

"Say' what's going on? What Nene do?" He asked pulling up his pants.

"Kayla found Jalanee on the floor,bleeding out. Police and ambulance were called. Kayla drove her here herself cause they took too long. The cameras show Jania sneaking in the house and her running out the house before Kayla got there. I'm so sorry."

"Jalanee dead?" He asked sweating. "Y'all gotta be fucking wimme."

"God forbid. No! She's fine but they're not sure if the twins are okay. We haven't heard a thing besides that she's good." She said.

"I just saw Jalanee? She was good before I left the house. Y'all bullshitting." He said in denial,hoping for the best.

"Baby..It's serious. The police are looking for Jania right now." She said,patting his back as he looked confused.

"She not lying."  Ben said showing him the articles of Jalanee being in the hospital ,as it already was being spread onto the internet.

A doctor came out with blood stained scrubs,with a clip board.

"Jalanee Coleman." She called out,making Kentrell push pass his aunt.

"What happened to her?" He asked eagerly,trying to make sense of all the information he's been told.

"There were some complications."

"Y'all niggas don't know how to answer questions around here? I said what the fuck happened to her!" He yelled,startling the young woman in front of him. Teelee pulled him back softly not wanting to set him off anymore.

"It seems like she has 7 stab wounds all around her abdomen area. She lost a lot of blood,but she's responsive. We had to do an emergency c-section." The doctor looked up from the clip board and took a deep breath.

"We were able to deliver one baby successfully. The baby girl. Unfortunately the other didn't make it. I'm so sorry." The doctor said. It seemed like the whole room had the same reaction. The room went quiet and They looked over at Kentrell. He rubbed his temples and swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Where my girlfriend at?" He asked in a hitched breath.

"The bleeding from some of stab wounds haven't stopped. We're currently in the process of trying to close out the bleeding. Once it's controlled. You'll be cleared to see her."

A wave of guilt went over Kentrell as he felt his body tense up more hearing the words slip out of the Doctor's mouth.

"Thank you." Kentrell said with a dry mouth.

The doctor turned and walked away,leaving the clicking sounds of her shoe being the only thing heard in the room.

"Kentrell-" Teelee said watching him sit down.

"Ion wanna talk." He said clenching his jaw with glossy eyes,tears ready to come free. His mind was still swirling with scenarios and trying to put together how his girlfriend of years ended up in the hospital. Jania been out of the picture for so long so this was hard for him to cope with.

"I promise you every and anybody who got something to do with this shit gon die. On my grandma." He mumbled to himself as he got up and stormed off.

__________________________________________