145

Omniscient POV
Atlanta, Georgia

Jania Meshell V The state of Georgia

Jalanee and Kentrell walked in hand and hand in the courtroom with an entourage behind them. Her heels clicked as she walked. Head turned,watching them,as people begin to gossip.

Every you could've think of was there. From Jalanee's father to Kentrell's baby mamas.

As the two got seated, the room was dying down in silence. Kentrell feels his fiancé's palms get sweaty.

"You straight?"

"I should be right?" She asked with glossy eyes.

"You gon' be good. I promise you." He reached over and gave her a peck on her cheek,squeezing her hand a bit.

Jalanee's stomach sinked when she turned and saw police officers bringing Jania to the other side of the room, her hands being in cuffs. This would be her first time seeing her even seen she lost her child.

"Damn that bitch look toe' the fuck up." Ben jokes from behind the two.

"That's what jail do to you." Kentrell adds, then looks around.

"Nigga who you telling. This the first time you in court and ain't the nigga getting put on trial." Three says. Kentrell chuckles and looked to Jalanee, seeing she was bouncing her leg up rapidly.

"All Rise!" A deep voice said, making everybody stand up in unison. "Court is now in session. You may be seated."

Their lawyer, Marco then spoke "Your Honor, and ladies and gentlemen of the jury: Jania Meshell has been charged with the crime of attempted murder, physical violence, assault of a pregnant woman, fetal homicide, and trespassing. The evidence will not only show Jania Meshell is narcissistic who was not only jealous that her ex had a family with an other woman, but she thought this plan out a long time before hand."

"Baby? You hear that right?" Jalanee whispers. He nodded and furrowed his eyebrows, feeling himself getting upset about the whole situation again. He didn't know how Jalanee did it. Every-time he thought of it, he wanted to punch the first thing he was in sight of.

He wanted to be positive today, and help her through today but he didn't even know if he'd get through it himself.

"Jania Meshell broke into the Gaulden's household around midnight, where Jalanee Coleman was alone. She then went on to make her appearance known in the house hold, taunting the victim, stabbing her not once but seven different times along the victim's abdominal area. Leaving her to bleed out."

Jalanee felt goosebumps rise up on skin. Hearing herself being labeled as a victim made her feeling nothing but weak again, like she was the same person lying down in a hospital bed, fighting for her life.

"Mrs.Coleman,please come up to the stand."

She snapped her head at Kentrell. He nodded at her, telling her it was going to be okay. Although he was worried about her being up there, there was no
other way out. She walked up to the witness stand with family members,friends,and others watching in the crowd. She scanned her surroundings and took a deep breath.

"Place your hand on the bible. do you still put your hand on a Bible and swear to say the truth in each state in the US?"

"I do."

She looked over at Jania,seeing how dirty and miserable she looked and felt her heart beginning to race.

"Miss Coleman,Can you tell me what is your relationship to the defendant?" The white man, Jania's attorney said as he pointed back at her.