𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

𝐉𝐚𝐞

As I hid behind the rack of clothes, I saw Miss San Antonio sitting on her plush magenta pink seat. I watched as she red a piece of a note attached to flowers.

"Quien sabía que San Antonio saría pelirrojo." I said in Spanish breaking my silence and out of my hiding spot.

"Tal vez todos sean pelirrojos escondidos en San Antonio." San Antonio replied back in Spanish before she got up from her seat and walked towards me.

"You must be Toxicidad. Blanca Vasquez. Code name: Miss San Antonio. I'll be your handler for the duration of your assignment. You get into a stitch, and I'll be in your ear with the what's what, the who's who and the when's where of it all." Blanca said walking around me, I eyed her until they stopped by her chest.

"And try not to be distracted by the cleavage and hairspray. It's part of my cover." Blanca said before she walked over to her closet, opened and showed a pair of guns and riffles.

"This gig keeps me close to the border and the designer duds ain't that bad, either." Blanca said as she faced all the weapons.

"So why's this bullshit talk about world peace?" I asked walking forward to check them out.

"It's what it's called. Bullshit. The M4 carbine long-range. It's got reflex sights, micro-polymer grip, a customized trigger. Fast enough to nip a jackrabbit on roller skates. That is, of course, you happen to catch a jackrabbit on roller skates." Blanca said handed me the gun, I rolled over and found one weapons Machete would like.

"Or, my personal favourite, the grappler. Fires up to 30 yards. Good for when you gotta scratch Thor hard to reach places." Blanca said before I turned to the wall of weapons.

"My partners gonna like this." I said holding the large silver metal machete.

"I figure it'd be his style. Low tech, but this ain't your mama's cane cutter. Consider this the Swiss Army Knife of machetes." Blanca said making it pretty obvious in my eyes as I look at her.

"Tell me the useful info on Mendez." I said as my partner was just outside so, I'd figure it was better to know the important stuff.

"Marcos Mendez is the most sick and twisted fuckity-fox I've ever had to keep tabs on. People down south call him Marcos the Madman. He used to run with Los Cuerpos until one day he wakes up and decides he's gonna turn on the cartel, fight for the people." Blanca said glancing me a smirk before continuing.

"We figure he's laired up in the jungle somewhere since our satellites can't pinpoint him. Our only lead is this prize winner, a working girl, goes by the name Cereza. Find her, find Mendez." My eyes rose in a 'seriously?' look. Cereza meant Virgin.

"And where could I find her?" I asked as I rested on the clothing covered couch.

"In Acapulco. Her information, including the address to her brothel, is in this dossier." Blanca said holding out a black folder in her hands. I went to grab it but she moved it from my reach.

"Uh, uh, uh. First? I'm gonna need something from you. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞." Blanca said staring down at me while I stare at her emotionless.