𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟔

𝐉𝐚𝐞

I watched carefully as the camera was facing Steve who looked down at the screen until it spoke.

"Rogers, Steven, born 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianova born 1984." The voice said before it faced me, it took a couple minutes for it to speak though or so I thought.

"Staðr, Eydis Gunilla Jae Runa, born 619 AD." I stepped forward, what the hell? How did he know me?

"You said older than Steve, not that old." Nat said, I could feel her smirk over her voice, but I didn't respond, I was to in confusion.

"What the hell is this?" I asked, my voice whispering it out.

"Good first question, Staðr. I man not be the man I was when Captain took me prisoner in 1945. But I am." A black and white photo showed who was speaking on the right smaller screen.

"You know this thing?" Nat asked as Steve was staring at the screen with narrowed eyes before looking around.

"Arnim Zola was a German Scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years." Steve said before walking around behind the computer to look at other things.

"First correction, I am Swiss

"First correction, I am Swiss. Second, look around you. I have never been more alive. In 1972, I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body. My mind however, that was worth saving, on 200,000 feet of databanks. You are standing in my brain." Zola said as Steve returned and came to my side. I looked around the room and spoke.

"Well, you should brush up your facts and separate it from all the dust in here." I said making Nat smirk and hold back a chuckle, I could feel Steve do the same.

"How did you get here?" Steve asked cutting his smirk short and turned serious.

"Invited."

"Wasn't it Operation Paperclip after World War 2? S.H.I.E.L.D. would have recruited a German scientist with strategic value." I said looking at both Steve and Nat.

"Correct. They thought I could help their cause. I also helped my own." Zola said including his sentence with my own.

"HYDRA died with the Red Skull." Steve said believing with his own eyes.

"Cut off one head, two more shall take its place." Zola said after showing a HYDRA symbol and duplicated his face.

" Zola said after showing a HYDRA symbol and duplicated his face