𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

𝐉𝐚𝐞

We arrived back to Avengers Tower and I had to watch the news that everyone was talking out. This just wasn't fair to Wanda and Pietro when everyone should know that it's not easy to come from the wrong side and try to become a hero.

"11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos, when the attack occurred." The female blonde spoke before the screen switched to an elderly Wakandan man. I read the title.

King T'Chaka Of Wakanda
Demands Accountably From Avengers

"Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil not only because of the actions of criminals but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them." I sighed as I had to tie up my platinum hair into an half updo with my front hair into a messy bun.

"Victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all." King T'Chaka had finished before I stopped the TV. My head turned over my shoulder when I heard the news continue in another room. I followed the noise to see Wanda watched the news.

"What legal authority does an enchanted individual like Pietro or Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri-" I cut off the TV and rest on the door frame.

"It's my fault." Wanda said resting her chin on her fist incapable to look at me.

"That's not true."

"Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific." Wanda said making me sigh and shake my head before placing my arms back to crossed.

"I should have clocked his bomb vest long before you had to deal with it. Rumlow said 'Bucky' and. . . I phased." I said walking into the room, shrugging my shoulders.

"And people died. So, that's pretty much on me. I'm like that with all of my Soulmates, so. . ." I said resting on my knees.

"It's on both of us."

"This job. . . we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that. . then next time, maybe nobody gets saved." I said before I jumped when Vision had entered the room from the wall.

"Vis, we talked about this." I said tilting my head, my voice soft.

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that- Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving and he asked me to come and escort you both." Vision said and I nod understanding.