𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏

𝐉𝐚𝐞

Here I was in Lagos, reading a newspaper. Really, these people here have actually interesting things to write than back in America.

"Alright, what do you see?" I heard Steve speak on the radio in my ear.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda had gave Steve the visual from down here.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which mean?" Steve asked from his position.

"Cameras." Pietro answered.

"Both cross streets are one-way."

"So, compromised escape routes. Which means, our guy doesn't care about being seen and isn't afraid to make a mess to escape." I said concluding from behind the newspaper.

"You see that Range River halfway up the block?" Steve asked which I noticed by my left.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda said before Natasha spoke up who was not far behind her.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha said as she took a drink off her coffee.

"Do you guys remember that Chica and I can move things with our mind, yes?" I asked including my nickname for Wanda.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." I look over at Nat and smirk a bit before a voice changed in my radio.

"Anybody ever tell you your a little paranoid?" Sam asked from his position clearly up in the air.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat asked before we came back to focus and watch the target.

"This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve said making me scoff and smile smugly.

"Or the easier version: Steve was very envious of Sam and Rumlow's hand to hand match during D.C." I said teasing, from the corner of my eye could I see both Wanda and Nat smirk and hold in their laugher. Sam didn't bother to do so.

"Your probably right. If he sees us coming, that wouldn't be a problem for him. Though, he kind of hates us." Sam said just before multiple car horns were blaring out at one another.

"That trucks loaded for max weight. And the drivers armed." Sam said after Steve wanted him to tag it and give an x-ray.

"It's a battering ram." Natasha said remembering something in her voice. Steve told us to go after it.

"He's not hitting the police. We need to go now." I said standing up and figuring out the hit move Rumlow was making.

Sam carried Steve to the area. It was a place for diseases. Pietro had ran to my help and we both got to the area at the same time because of him carrying me.

"Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles." Steve said before Sam made five from the roof. Wanda arrived and shielded the bullets from one.