𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟔

𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐨

I went with Erik to get Jae and Thor out from S.H.I.E.L.D. Ever since I met Jae I've felt this need to be by her side, to love her, to protect her. And it all started with that night I met her.

"They're names are Donald Blake and Li-Jae Park?" Phil asked in an unbelievable tone.

"Dr. Donald Blake." Erik corrected.

"You have dangerous coworkers, Dr. Selvig." Phil said from the top of the stairs with his arms crossed in front of him.

"He was distraught when he found out that you've taken all of our research. That was years of their lives gone. You can understand how a man could go off like that. A big, faceless organization like yours coming in with their jackbooted thugs and-"

"That's how he put it." I excused Eriks words hiding it with 'Thor's'.

"That still doesn't explain how they managed to tear through our security." Phil said making me make up the excuse this time.

"Steroids. He was a bit of a fitness nut. And she went off the wagon and I tried to get her back to her old self." I said before Phil's attention was drawn back to the compute screen.

"It says here that he's an MD." Phil said after looking at the screen and back to us.

"Well, he is. Or he was. He switched careers and became a physicist. A brilliant physicist. He's a wonderful man, they're both people in pain." Erik said before they allowed us to take them with us and leave.

"There you are. Your gonna be alright. We're taking you home now." Erik said as I straight forward took hold of Jae's hand and lead her out the room.

𝐉𝐚𝐞

After leaving the place, I left with Milo and Thor left with Erik. As much as I felt off about the idea I still felt safe in Milo's presence.

We decided to walk go out for a walk and talk for a bit, when the sun set over us, we sat down and continued to talk.

"I'm really glad your safe." Milo said after we stare out into the sunset. I turn my head to the left to look at him.

"You've been very kind to me and Thor, and I've been far less grateful than you deserve." I said playing with my fingers.

"Well, Jane hitting you with her car a couple times brings me pleasure than I non-less deserve." Milo said making both of us chuckle.

"I know this is probably the last thing you want to talk about but do you think you could me about your home, your family?" Milo asked me making me think and look for something to draw with.

I saw a stick laying around and I pick it up and draw the Nine Realms.

"Your ancestors call is magic, and you call it science. Well, I came from a place where they're one and the same thing." I said before I drew a tree like figure around the Realms.

"What is that?" Milo asked a bit confused at the idea before I explain some more.

"My- father explained it to me like this, that your world is one of the Nine Realms of the Cosmos, linked together by the branches of Yggdrasil, the Worlds Tree. You see it everyday without realizing it." I said looking up from the sand to Milo.