𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒

𝐉𝐚𝐞

"What is 'Phase 2'?" Milo and I walk in to hear Tony asked before Steve placed down a metallic gun on the table.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. uses the Cube to make weapons. Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me." Steve said excusing his trespassing.

"Uh, say what?" I asked walking in crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at Nick but looked at Steve and Tony confused.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This doesn't mean that we're making-"

"If you gathered all the information about the Tesseract, you would already know not to make something like this." I said gesturing to the weapon.

Tony showed a blueprint about the Tesseract's power injected into the bullets.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said glaring at Nick while Nat and Thor came back in.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked Nat and I look over at Milo who looked at me before shaking his head no.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Nat asked crossing her arms with her eyes narrowed.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." Bruce said placing his hands on his hips nodding.

"Loki's manipulating you." Nat said walking over to the Doctor.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" Bruce asked walking into the middle of the room playing with his hands.

"You didn't come here because I bag my eyelashes at you." Nat teased making me cross my eyebrows.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce asked with his pen pointing at the screen.

"Because of them." Nick said pointing at Thor and I after a second of silence.

"Me?"

"Excuse me?"

"Last year, Earth had a two visitors from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Nick said making Thor speak up.

"Our people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor said truthfully but Nick still countered.

"But your not the only people out there, are you? And your not the only threat. The worlds filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled." Nick said making me scoff.

"Like you had control of the Cube?" I asked raising an eyebrows with my arms still crossed.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms thy the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor explained taking my side.

"A higher form? You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Nick said clearly not understanding this situation with Asgard and Earth.