𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

𝐉𝐚𝐞

I gasped again when I came out of my vision. I blink and look around the room to see everyone looking at me with concern.

"Jae, what's wrong?" Sam asked touching my shoulder. I was breathing heavily

"I just- I need- I'm sorry." I said, my voice whispering and hoarsely. I snapped out of my seat and speed out of the room.

I walked down the hallway to the light at the end of it. I heard footsteps following behind me.

"Jae. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey." Natasha's voice said going after me and ran to my side and stopped me, walking to get in front of me.

"Bunny, you need to go and sit down. Your wounded." I said not meeting her eyes.

"Your wounded too. Plus, it doesn't hurt anymore. What's wrong?" Nat said as the two of us stood chest to chest.

"Nothing that concerns you." I said moving myself out of the way.

"I'm pretty sure now, with this soulmate bond. Anything that concerns either of us, is both our concern." Nat said stopping me.

"I just need some air." I said masking my true vision that I wish I never saw.

"You know you can talk to me." Nat said softly. I nod and look at her, finally.

"I know, but- I just need to be alone for a minute. Please." I said practically begging looking straight at her. She stared at me searching for something in my eyes until she nodded and let me go.

I didn't realize that behind me, Milo, Sam and Steve watched from the door.

𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐨

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said 'Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility'. See, it's stuff like this that give me trust issues." Nick said looking at Pierces photo.

"We have to stop the launch

"We have to stop the launch." Natasha said on Nick's left side of the table.

"I don't think the council's accepting my calls anymore." Nick said before lifting a suitcase showing three blue chips.

"What's that?" Sam asked moving over to check them out.

"Once the helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with insight satellite, becoming fully weaponized." My sister said turning around the computer showing the action blue print of the helicarriers.