𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑

𝐉𝐚𝐞

We made it back to base and brought back Loki in cuffs. I met up with the rest of the guys in the centre of the airbase.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asked crossing his arms after we finished watching Nick interrogate Loki.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked answering Bruce's sarcastically comment.

"He had an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor said turning around to face us, explaining.

"An army, from outer space." Steve asked looking at Bruce.

"He'd open a portal to do so. That's why he needs Erik Selvig." I said looking at Thor who looked at me when I mentioned Selvig.

"Selvig?"

"He's an astrophysicist-"

"He's a friend." Thor and I said in sync.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Nat said leaning on her arms on the table in between us.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said before Bruce interfered.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guys brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy." Bruce said making Thor go straight to his defence.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he's my brother." Thor said warning Bruce stepping forward.

"He killed 80 people in two days." Nat informed Thor looking down at the table.

"He's adopted."

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium. . what do they need the iridium for?" Bruce asked before Tony came walking in with Phil and Milo.

"It's a stabilizing agent. I'm just saying, pick a weekend. I'll fly you to Portland. Keep love alive. It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D." Tony said walking in explaining what it meant.

"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants." Tony said before looking out at the work space.

"Raise the mizzenmast. Job the topsails. That man is playing Galaga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did." Tony said making Steve and I look over at the men on our right.

"How does Fury even see these?" Tony asked looking at Maria.

"He turns." Maria and Milo both said standing side by side crossed arms.

"Sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power specs of high entertainment density." Tony said before turning to us after checking the digital computers.

"Something to kick start the Cube." Tony finished before placing a silver chip on one of the back of the computers.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Milo asked crossing his eyebrows.