"Do you think we could go to the kitchens?" Cassie asked from the spare bed in the girls' dorm.

James had shaved and Cassie had moved into Lily, Marlene and Alice's dorm, seeing as it was only the three of them in there and there was a spare bed.

She had been sharing a dorm with the three girls for a couple of nights, and so far she was yet to have a nightmare that she would consider to be traumatic.

She had had a nightmare that Sirius had sat on her and Cassie thought that was rather traumatic, but that was it.

And she was grateful, she hadn't yet felt as if she had forgotten something again, but she knew that she still didn't feel that good.

Her mind would feel fuzzy at random moments of the day and these would normally lead to spells of her being dizzy which passes as quickly as they came. But Cassie knew that this wasn't really anything to worry about, seeing as it had mentioned it on the paper that Madam Pomfrey had given them.

Overall, she was doing as well as she could be, and she was definitely grateful that she had her friends and James by her side.

"Cass, you dimwit." Came Marlene's reply, her voice was quieter at the end seeing as she was half asleep. "We can't leave out beds past 10."

"That's never stopped me before."

"Well, it's going to stop you now."

"Why?"

"Because I said so, that's why."

"I don't remember you being my mother- wait." Cassie sat up, the other girls in the room only seeing the outline of her body illuminated by the silvers light of the moon that was making its way in through the open window.

"If you're my mother now, will you treat me better than my old mother?"

"Yes."

"Oka- I was going to call you mummy, but that sounds like I have a mother kink or some shit."

There was the sound of laughter scattered around the room.

"Anyways." Cassie said once the laughter had died down.

"Can we go to the kitchens?"

There was a collective 'no' from the other girls, Cassie pouted and crossed her arms, laying back down in her bed.

"If we leave our beds, we'll get told off Cassie." Lily spoke up, lifting her head so that she was looking at Cassie's bed.

"What Lily said." Alice mumbled, her head pressed into her pillow.

"I never said that we had to leave our beds, we have magic for a reason."

🥑

That was the reason that Lily, Marlene, Alice and Cassie were all currently trying to push their mattresses down the stairs, but they were also failing, they were too tall to get down the gap between the stairs and the ceiling, and they didn't want to use magic in case they made too much noise and woke others up.