S3 Part 27 - What A Mess

Start from the beginning

"I don't know about that," Shinso's eyes narrowed, "I don't suddenly feel romantic towards Bakugo."

"What was it like. To have to kill someone, I mean."

Shinso hid his reaction well. Inside he wanted to grab the kid by the neck and shake him until he was back to his senses. Why would he ask something like that? He shouldn't know the details of what happened that night; what you did. Unless he meant something else entirely.

"What are you talking about?" Shinso asked.

"I'm just assuming," Denki shrugged, "Who wouldn't have? The guy was a serial killer. You did the world a favor-"

Shinso's scarf wrapped around Denki's shoulders and yanked him forward. The blond cowered under the brainwasher's menacing glare.

"That's not a question I want you repeating to (Y/N). Especially during the exams," Shinso's voice was cold, "She already has to deal with the world questioning her character. Her friends should be the people who lift her up."

"Y-Yeah, man!" Denki squirmed, "Morbid curiosity - that's all! I didn't mean anything by it!"

Sparky seems to be himself again... Shinso noticed a slight change in his demeanor when asking certain questions. But, considering his current terrified, goofy state, he was normal Kaminari.

"You're not very convincing," Shinso said, "Besides. Hawks took care of Valentini. Everyone knows that."

"Yeah, right. Sorry! Forget I said anything and please don't strangle me."

Shinso released him and headed out of the garage. After a couple seconds to recover, Denki adjusted the collar of his shirt with his head down.

"You really care about her," Kaminari said more than asked.

Shinso paused, but he was getting tired of this. He knew Denki was avoiding what he actually wanted to say. This could go on forever.

"I love her," was all he said, "Now, can we get moving."

Denki groaned and held his face in his hands. His eyes were still focused on the ground as Shinso passed him. He heard Denki curse under his breath before darting ahead and in another direction.

"You're going the wrong way," Shinso called out.

"Uhh, yeah, I'll catch up with you!" Denki waved but didn't look back.

- you -

No?!

You whirled around you, even as the purple-haired kid started monologuing. Nothing was there. Even in the distance, you saw nothing and no one. Who tagged you then?!

"UA High School. I respect the school. However, you lot continuously act in ways that cause it's dignity to decline... I hope it will cause you to reflect on your actions... Especially you, Baku-"

You raised your hand, cutting him off, "Yeah, hi. Who were you again? Kid from Shiketsu?"

The boy in the black hat looked flabbergasted. He stood with his arms behind his back, leaning forward slightly. You still weren't entirely sure what his quirk was other than it turned people into little piles of flesh. Funny, he had a mask over his eyes similar to the one Midnight wore.