It felt odd, but she missed it more than anything.

But Nova knew she had messed up, she knew that things would probably never be alright between them again, and the way that Cassie was being with her at that moment was a reminder of that.

But Nova had caused this between them.

She made her own bed, and she had to lay in it.

🍆

It was only later that day, the sun was high in the sky and the clouds that had been surrounding Hogwarts for what seemed like years had finally been blown away in the early February breeze.

There were a few flowers dotting up from under masses of snow. Hundreds of daisy's looking like whole galaxies amongst their white petals and the white snow, the green stems of dandelions popping up around them, looking like many suns.

There was still a chill around the castle. All the fireplaces were still lit and all the windows still close to keep away the cold that was trying to escape into the warmth.

Nova was walking around the Black lake, her school books pressed close to her chest to try and stop the cold from nipping at her skin.

She was trying to listen out for some familiar laughter, normally she would hate if she heard the laughs of the people she was looking for, but at that moment, she really wanted to hear it.

Nova had been walking around Hogwarts grounds all of lunch, which was quickly coming to an end, trying to find the Marauders, but so far she hadn't had any luck.

That was until she heard a screech from up by the castle.

Nova turned to look at where she heard the noise come from so fast that she was sure she caused herself whiplash.

She let out a small sigh of relief as she saw the four boys near the castle, a small smile making its way onto her face, but it quickly vanished.

She slowly made her way up to them, hearing parts of their conversation the closer they got.

Out of context their conversation seemed confusing, and Nova wasn't sure it wouldn't have been just as confusing with context:

"No, I'd defiantly be able to fight an ant."

"Don't make me laugh moony, you wouldn't hurt a fucking fly if it came and ate your dick."

"Why would a fly be giving me a blow job-?"

"Yeah, his dick is too big for a fly's mouth."

She had to supress her laugh as she saw James double take to turn to look at Sirius, who didn't seem to quite realise what he had just said, and was instead looking at a very red Remus, with a grin on his face.

"I think you're past the point of asking questions in this friendship, Prongs." Peter squeaked up, letting out a hearty chuckle at the other three, whose smiled all grew slightly as they heard him do so.

"I mean, I'm going to have to agree Wormtail, for more than one reason-" James stopped talking as he caught sight of Nova walking up to the group, a scowl instantly making its way onto his face.

Sirius, who was confused on why James had stopped so talking so suddenly when normally they couldn't get him to stop doing so, turned to see where he was looking and a matching scowl made its way onto his face.

James stood up, grabbing the attention of Remus and Peter, especially when Sirius followed him.

The two boys took a few steps towards the Slytherin, the scowls not leaving their faces.

Remus and Peter stayed sitting down, but they were ready to move just encase the other two decided to do something rash.

"Piss off Goyle," James said before Nova could even open her mouth.

She couldn't say that she didn't blame him, she really couldn't.

"But-"

"Literally, just shut up, no-one cares." Sirius added, raising his eyebrow at the girl.

Nova let out a small sigh.

"It's about Cassie-"

"If you here to tell me she's a 'slut' or a 'bitch', then you need to take a long look  in the mirror and realise who the real bitch is, because it as sure as hell isn't her." James said without missing a beat, narrowing his eyebrows at her.

"I'm not- I'm worried about her." Nova admits, looking down at the ground.

While she can't blame James and Sirius for the way they were acting towards her, it didn't mean she liked the way that their hazes were piercing into her skin and making her feel slightly uncomfortable.

"What?" Sirius asks, his face relaxing. James' does too, but only for a split second.

"I'm worried about her, we may not be friends anymore - and she may hate my guts - but I still care about her, and I'm worried about her." Nova admitted, not looking up from the ground.

"Why?"

Nova took a few short breaths, looking up from the ground before she began to talk.

"She had a nightmare last night, it was awful. I woke up and she was literally choking herself, her hands were gripped so tightly around her neck that it physically looked painful. I got her hands off her neck and then she let out a muffled scream before she woke up. But when she did wake up, she was completely fine with me, it was like before our arguments happened, and I knew that something was off."

James let out a frustrated sigh, rubbing above his eyebrows with his thumb.

"I knew something was off with her, I fucking knew it." He said, muttering to himself.

"And I just did nothing about it," James then began kicking at the ground with his foot.

"Well, now we're sure something is wrong. So we can do something about it."

James nodded, looking up at Nova.

"I'm sure she'd appreciate this, even if she does hate you."

For some reason, that phrase alone made Nova smile slightly.

🍆

HIII

ME AGAIN (:

I GOT A NEW TOOTH BRACE THE OTHER DSY AND NOW I HAVE A LISP THAT HASNT GONE YET :D

my friend finds it cute when i swear because i sound like a 3 year old lmao

ANYWAYS

soon, all will be revealed . . .

AND WHY WERE YOU
ALL SO CONFUSED LAST
CHAPTER LMAO

I SAID IT WAS A DREAM-

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS
CHAPTER PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT AND WHAT
YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT

- Lots of love
Emily x