Gauri felt her eyes fill up. The gravity of the situation and the realization that she might lose her mother hitting her too hard.

"Gauri? What happened?" Jhanvi asks her as she cupped her face seeing her tears.

Gulping, Gauri hands her the phone so she could see the message, she couldn't bring herself to talk about it so soon.

Jhanvi curiously takes the phone then leaning closer to Tej so even he can read the message with her. she hears one of them take a sharp breath while the other sighs.

"Is this Doctor's number?" Tej asks Gauri.

Gauri nods her head in yes.

He takes Gauri's phone from Jhanvi and dials the number. Gauri curiously looks at him.

"Hello Doctor, I am Tej Singh Oberoi speaking on behalf of Gauri Kumari Sharma.... Yes... I wanted to just tell you that you should start the treatment for Nayantara Sharma immediately... don't worry about the money, she should get the best treatment."

Hearing him say that, Gauri felt her eyes fill in relief. She looks at Jhanvi and sees her looking at her in guilt.

"I am sorry, Gauri." Tej tells her as he turned to look at her. "We shouldn't have done that. we shouldn't have been so selfish. Nayantara and you have always been loyal to us and we... I am sorry, Gauri."

Then she feels Jhanvi squeeze her hand. "Please forgive us, Gauri. We were only thinking about Om. Nayantara and you didn't deserve that."

Finally seeing the employers that she had known all her life, not the selfish parents that they were few minutes back, but the kind people they had always been, Gauri's hearts start slamming against her chest. She couldn't deny them.

**********

"Jhanvi Madam... I don't want Ma to know about this." Gauri tells her worriedly. "She is already sick and if she finds out..."

"I understand. We won't tell her till she recovers." Jhanvi promises her.

Gauri nods as she nervously smiled at her.

"And you should call us Ma and Papa from now on. Like Om does." Jhanvi tells her.

"Okay." Gauri whispers.

"And no more Omkara Sir, Om... he is going to be your husband. You will be his wife and our daughter-in-law." Jhanvi promises her.

Gauri nods as she walked with Jhanvi into the room hearing the chanting. She sees Omkara Sir... no... Om sitting on the mandap. His father was holding him. Om looked drowsy as he tried to keep his eyes open. For the first time, she was seeing the infamous Omkara Singh Oberoi.

Just like her, he wasn't dressed up as a groom. He was wearing a tshirt and pants, and she was wearing a normal salwar. He was a handsome man. His hair was slightly over grown. He looked tired then. She wondered if he was mildly sedated so they could conduct the ceremony without any hindrance. What she had heard was that he would get violent and attack the people around him. He did scare her a little. But when Jhanvi guided her to the mandap, she went with her even though her heart was slamming against her chest.

Gauri sits next to him and he curiously looks at her. he frowns as he looked at her. then sleepily he keeps his hand over hers. She was tempted to free her hand from his but then she doesn't do anything. Because his parents were trusting her to take care of him and she was going to do that.

When the Pundit told him to put mangalsutra and sindoor on her, his parents had to tell him a couple of more times for him to finally do it. Once he did it, he didn't hold her hand.