𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

( chapter seventy-nine )

RAYS OF GOLDEN SUN SHONE down onto the still world below.

The rays illuminating the green grass that was covered by a subtle layer of snow. The chilly blow of the wind making each blade sway from side to side as if each blade was a ballerina dancing while a spotlight followed their every move with a passion.

The sky was clear and bright blue, which was odd considering it was December and normally the sky was covered in a layer of thick, grey clouds that didn't want to move, But, there wasn't a cloud in sight.

Leaves that were stained brown and yellow rested on the floor, pushed to create piles either sides of paths while the odd one or two was smashed to the floor as people walked on top of them. The trees bare branches reached over hedges and stone walls that were covered in a layer of frost.

What looked like glitter lined the streets and roads, the sun reflecting against it more making the entire ground shine like a thousand galaxies being looked at from miles away.

The streets were empty, not a person in sight that morning, not even the stray dog walker or person who decided to go for an early morning walk or run.

Everywhere was still.

Everywhere was peaceful.

Apart from one of the bedrooms in the Potter household.

"She looks so peaceful." James said, a dreamy smile on his face as he looked down at his sleeping girlfriend.

"She looks like she's suffocating." Regulus stated, noting the way her head was practically pushed fully into her pillow.

"She needs to wake tHE FUCK UP!" Sirius yelled, not wasting a moment before leaping onto James and Cassie' bed, landing right on top of Cassie.

She let out an audible gasp of breath as Sirius's whole body weight rested on her.

Cassie moved her head to the side slightly, so her face was visible, but still partially covered by the pillow.

"What?" She questioned, her voice laced with sleep and her eyes still half closed.

"WAKE UP YOU LAZY SOD!" Sirius yelled once more, causing Regulus to flinch slightly.

James, who noticed, but his arm around the younger boys neck with a small, sad smile in his direction.

Regulus still flinched whenever there was a loud noise, however, he didn't flinch as much as he did when he first came to live with the Potters.

Cassie didn't waste a moment before hitting Sirius on the back of his head, her other hand going to her ear seeing as Sirius had just yelled in it.

"Go away and let me sleep." She elongated the 'e' in sleep as she spoke, before trying her hardest to push Sirius off her so that she could pull the duvet over her head.