War- Johnny x Doyoung

((Trigger warning, Nuclear warfare))

"Alright, move out soldiers" a voice came through the headset in Johnny's ear.

Over 100 soldiers moved in formation towards enemy baselines. Each and everyone of them wearing a specialized suit, specifically for nuclear warfare.

Approaching the edge, a loud explosion was heard nearby.
All 175 soldiers looked at the source, finding a wave of dust flying towards them. Most stood in shock while others began running, but a few stood still, recognizing their fate. One of those few was a fellow soldier of Johnny's, Doyoung Kim.

Johnny obviously would've just left him there if circumstances were different, but this was radiation they were dealing with, meaning that anyone who was in the proximity would suffer until they died.

"What are you doing you idiot? let's move!" Johnny grabbed Doyoung's hand and dragged him away from the blast site. Doyoung stood still, not rendering what exactly was happening.

Hiding inside one of the many small cottages that littered the village, They waited until dust could no longer be seen over the horizon.

Johnny sighed. "Are you trying to die early?" Doyoung remained expressionless. "What's the point man? If we're just gonna die anyways.." Doyoung trailed off.

"Do you not remember your family? Your little girl who you left back in Korea?" Doyoung looked at him in disbelief. "My daughter died six years ago Johnny, the same time I was transferred here." Doyoung stared at the ground.

"Doyou-" Johnny was cut off by gunshots near their cottage. Instinctively, Johnny brought both of them down to where they could only peek out of the window.

Several of the enemies ran around, guns drawn, shooting anyone they saw.

They continued to inspect the cottages, almost reaching the one that Johnny and Doyoung were in, but they soon ran in the opposite direction.

Both boys looked at eachother, confused.

Johnny brought up the courage to look outside the window again, seeing a glimpse of the giant metal cylinder dropping down from the sky. Johnny dropped back down behind the wall.

Johnny swiftly hovered over Doyoung, attempting to protect him from the blast.

And then everything went black

...

Johnny woke up with ringing in his ears, seeing Doyoung sitting up, blood covered the bottom inner part of his mask.

Johnny crawled over to Doyoung, who was suffocating in his mask. He removed the helmet, letting Doyoung breath in the radiated oxygen.

Doyoung coughed, rubbing the dust out of his eyes.

"Johnny?" Doyoung asked, looking the opposite direction.

"I'm here, can't you see me?" Johnny had ahold of Doyoung's hands.

"Johnny, I can't" Doyoung sniffled.
tears streamed down his face. Johnny took off his own helmet, tossing it on the ground. He brought his hands up to Doyoung's face, swiping the tears away with his thumbs.

"Shh shh, Doyoung, it's okay, I'm here"  Johnny smiled sadly as Doyoung continued sobbing.

...

The pair lied on the now dust covered ground. "Johnny, how many more hours?"

"Only two"

Doyoung hummed in response.

...