Orphanage- Haechan x Taeil

(Just for context, Taeil is around 8 and Haechan is like 6)

"Go on, they won't bite" one of the older caretakers nudged Taeil towards the other kids. Taeil hesitantly walked in the direction of a kid playing in the sandbox. "U-uh hi" Taeil said awkwardly.

The kid looked up with a bright smile on his face. "Hi, I'm Haechan, you must be the new twansfer we 'eard about" "Oh, uh yeah, I'm Taeil" Taeil held out his hand but instead of taking it, Haechan pulled him in for a hug. "Wanna play with me?" Haechan asked. "Sure" Taeil replied and sat next to Haechan. The two spent the next fifteen minutes building what they called a city, but it was basically just ten lumps of sand in random spots.

"Hey, stop it!" Taeil said as Haechan crushed another one of his "buildings"
"Not until you apo'gize for insulting princess sparkly fluff!" Haechan spat. "She deserved it for cheating on derek!" "Don't you bwame dis on princess. Dewek was the one who forgot her birth'ay" "But princess also forgot their anniversary!" Taeil argued.

"Boys, boys, calm down, what's going on here?" One of the caretakers asked, separating the two. "Haechan won't stop destroying my buildings" "But that's because he insulted Pwincess sparkly fwuff" Haechan said.

"Ok well, I do think you boys are old enough to stop this silly arguement, so I'll stand on the sidelines." The caretaker said and walked away to go stop Johnny from sticking a Lego up his nose.

"Go ahead, admit you'e wrong" Haechan crossed his arms. "I wont because I'm not" Taeil huffed. "If you wont back down then I won't be your fwend" Haechan said and walked away to go talk to one of the mini cults they had at the orphanage.

Taeil POV
I sighed, it was only my first day and I already lost a friend. Why is life so cruel? I spent the rest of break time inside, watching the fishies in the tank swim around together. The caretaker called the rest of the kids inside so we could have naptime, I personally think I'm too old for naptime but I agreed anyways. I laid down and attempted to sleep on the plasticky foam mat.

Author POV
Taeil failed in his mission to sleep, all he could think about was how lonely he was gonna be for the next few days. He was already alone enough with his parents gone. Taeil wiped a few stray tears from his face and sniffled. Maybe he should've apologized.

...

Haechan kept rolling around on his mat. Wherever he lied down it was uncomfortable, there was this bad feeling in his stomach, something that not even medicine could cure.

Haechan had enough of this stupid feeling, it made his heart hurt, so he had to stop it. He feared he would die soon if he didn't.

Haechan tiptoed around the other sleeping children. Being careful not to accidentally step on their faces. He soon made it to Taeil's mat, where he heard quiet sniffling that could almost be missed if you didnt pay attention closely.

Taeil felt a warmth behind him. He turned around and came face to face with a sorrowful Haechan. Taeil wiped the rest of the tears from his face and whispered "why are you over here?" "I'm sowwy hyungie" Haechan said with a frown. Taeil smiled "it's ok"

Haechan made a happy noise and enclosed the space between him and Taeil, cradling his face. The older blushed "what was that?" "I saw the pe'son on TV do it, and it made the othew 'erson happy, so I did it to you" Haechan explained. "I think it was ca'ed a kith?" Taeil hummed with the newly gained information. "Can you do it again?" Taeil played with his fingers. Haechan nodded and kissed him again. "did it make 'ou happy?" Taeil nodded shyly. Haechan yawned, and before Taeil could ask if he was tired, he was already napping. Taeil smiled and pulled him closer, kissing his forehead.