𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

Start from the beginning

"Where's Sirius?" She asked, looking up at her younger brother. She closed both her eyes for a short moment, before she opened the one that wasn't swollen.

"At James' House Cass, don't worry." Regulus said, pressing a kiss to his sisters head. He didn't care about the blood.

"We'll be with him soon." He murmured against her skin.

When he pulled back, he saw that both her eyes were closed and her breathing was steady, while still shallow.

Regulus shook his head, wiping the few tears that had once again fallen from his eyes, before he returned to Cassies trunk.

He began to fill it quicker than ever, wanting to make sure that the two of then were long gone before Walburga and Orion woke up.

Regulus had only been packing for a few more minutes before a pop! filled his ears.

He turned around, startled.

Kreacher was standing in front of him, shock evident in his old face as he looked at the youngest Black child.

Regulus was just as shocked, his eyes darted to the small bottle that was in Kreachers hand and he rasied an eyebrow, his shock turning into confusion.

"Kreacher." He whispered, trying to be as quiet as possible but so that the house elf could still hear.

"Do you heal Cassie?"

Kreacher still stared at the boy, shock on his face.

"Kreacher?" The house elf shook his head, snapping out of his daze before looking back at Regulus.

He nodded once.

"Kreacher always heal Mistress Cassiopeia, Master Regulus." He said, trying his hardest to copy Regulus' whisper, but talker slightly louder.

"But not so much that Master Orion and Mistress Walburga find out."

Regulus didn't waste a moment before pulling the house elf into a hug, letting out a small sob as he did so.

Kreacher awkwardly patted Regulus back.

"Thank you, thank you so much." Regulus said, not pulling away for a moment.

It was when he was pulling away that Regulus has the idea, the idea that might just work.

He had a small smile on his as he held Kreacher by his shoulders.

"Kreacher," He said, rushed, "Can you apparate me and Cassie to the Potters?"

Kreacher thought for a moment, looking behind Regulus at Cassie, who let out another small whimper of pain.

Kreacher nodded once.

"Anything for Master Regulus and Misress Cassiopeia."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Regulus knocked loudly on the door.

He was holding Cassie up, his arm under her arms and wrapped around her waist, he was also trying to make sure that both her broken wrist and ankle didn't bump into anything or touch the ground.

Her head was slumped on his shoulder, her non-swollen eye open slightly, but it only stared at one spot. She kept letting out little whimpers of pain, each one made Regulus' heart break slightly.

Kreacher hadn't had time to heal her, at all.

A second after he had said yes to taking the two to the Potters, they had heard Orion walking on the ground above them.

Kreacher told Regulus to grab Cassie, while he closed her trunk and then apparated into Regulus' to grab his.

Kreacher had then apparated the two to the Potters house - Regulus was yet to pay attention to anything other than the door - before leaving straight away.

Regulus was gutted that he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

But no sad feeling could overrun the ecstatic feeling that he felt.

They had done it.

They'd finally done it.

They were free at last, they'd never have to go back there again.

A small smile made it's way onto his face, he couldn't help it, he was too happy. He didn't think he'd ever been happier.

Cassie let out another small whimper of pain, causing Regulus to shake his head and knock loudly on the white door again.

A yell came from inside the house, followed by a crash and a bark like laugh.

There was another yell, however that yell was cut off when the door opened.

James stood there.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

WE'RE GOING TO
IGNORE THE FACT I
STAYED UP TILL TEN PAST ONE
IN THE MORNING TO WRITE
THIS-

AND LITERALLY
HAD TO ASK MY BROTHER TO
HELP AS I WAS VERY STUCK
HE WAS NO HELP AT ALL

ANYWAYSS

THEY'RE FINALLY
FREE!!

I'M SO HAPPY,
AND KREACHER SEEMED
SO CUTE IN THIS CHAPTER
SJFKSLGM

LOTS OF ANGST TO
COME LOL, BE READY,
BUT THEN, HAPPINESS :D

(FOR A WHILE, ANYWAY)

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, AS USUAL PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT AND WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT TIME

AND UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx

p.s. I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS IF YOU CELEBRATE
IT! I'D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU GOT <3