𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

Start from the beginning

Her face was covered in dried blood, it made her face look as if it had been covered in red face-paint. Her top lip was burst, blood still coming out of it and pouring onto the outfit she was wearing at dinner the previous night. One of her eyes was swollen shut, asrge blue and yellow bruise covering the swollen skin. There was a large cut on her cheek, it had scabbed over, but blood still tried to escape the barrier that her skin had made.

Her arms were littered with bruises, some small and some large. Her left wrist was resting at an odd angle, once again telling Regulus that she had broken another bone. Small cuts were dotted around her arms, some of them still bleeding while others had stopped. Her legs were covered by a thin white sheet, but her feet were poking out the end of it, and he could tell by the direction of her foot, that, it too was broken.

He scrunched up his eyes, wanting what he was seeing to be an illusion. A fragment of imagination that was trying to play a bad joke on him.

But he knew it wasn't, he knew that it was real.

And that their parents had done that to her without a second of consideration or guilt running through their twisted minds.

Regulus opened his eyes, and quickly looked away from Cassie, instead he looked at the open trunk at the foot of her bed.

He quickly rushed over to it and began to throw Cassies clothes into it, squashing them down on top of the books and other school supply's that were already in the trunk.

He ignored the whimpers of pain that came from his sisters mouth, even though it hurt his heart to do so.

Regulus knew that he had to finish filling her trunk quickly, the sun was going to raise any moment, and their parents would wake not long after.

Regulus didn't even think he could call them parents anymore. They never had been parents towards the three of them. They never cared, or even acted like they did. They never loved them.

He was certain that the only reason they had kids in the first place was so that one day those kids could make their reputation better.

Well- Regulus thought, the smallest hint of a grin appearing on his face -

That plan didn't quite work, did it?

"Sirius?" Regulus stopped throwing clothes into Cassies trunk at the sound of her voice. It was hoarse and sounded scratchy.

He looked up.

Cassie was still lying down, but her head was up. Regulus could see that she was trying not to wince in pain, he rushed over to the side of her bed.

He tried to ignore the cuts on her face, that seemed much worse now that he was closer to her.

"Sirius?" She repeated, placing her head back down on the pillow and turning to face Regulus.

She let out a small gasp of pain as she did so.

"It's Reggie, Cass." Regulus said, his hand moving to gently grab hers. He ignored the fact that her hands felt very dry.

Cassie looked at him for a moment, a slight look of confusion on her face, before her mouth made a small 'o' shape.

"Reg." She breathed out. Her words were becoming rather airy, as if she couldn't get enough air into her lungs. Regulus was really worried.