𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

Start from the beginning

"You will do as you're told Cassiopeia."

"No, I won't."

"Enough!" Orion roared, spit flying from his mouth as he slammed his hands down on the table, the cutlery besides him rattling as he did so.

Cassie shook her head, she scrunched her eyes up together, trying to take deep breaths to calm herself.

She stopped for a moment, trying to settle her mind and compose herself.

Cassie let out a shaky breath as she opened her eyes, they widened as she realised where she was.

Regulus was looking down at the meal in front of him, Cassie could see his body shaking from where she was standing. A few tear drops fell from his eyes and landed on the soft grey cotton that covered the table.

The Rosiers were staring at her, all three of them still sitting down at the dining table, their meals left discarded infront of them.

Evans mother and father were both staring at her, their faces straight, but their eyes wide in shock as they stared at the girl who they had heard would obey everything her parents said.

Evan was looking up at Cassie, a small grin on his face. Just looking at him made her sick to the pits of her stomach.

Her parents wanted her to marry him, the guy who her and her oldest friend had fallen out over.

The guy who had kissed her, and gotten her punished when all she was doing was standing up for herself.

She wouldn't do it.

They'd have to kill her before she even thought twice about marrying him.

"You will marry him Cassiopeia, and that is the end of it."

"You're shitting yourselves if you think I am."

Cassie shook her head once again, before turning on her heel and walking out of the room, she slammed the door behined her.

She didn't care about the smash that came from the room to show that a few of the pictures hanging on the wall had fallen down.

Instead, she smiled slightly to herself.

Cassie knew that this time, she was going to fight back.

She would stand her groud for as long as she could, not backing down until she had won, or something much worse.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

The moon was resting high in the inky sky. Its silver rays cutting through the sky like silver scissors cutting through a dark velvet.

The sky was eerily clear for that time of year; each star visible from earth, like a diamond twinkling against the pitch black sky.

There was a soft layer on snow on the ground below, the pristine white ice only disturbed by a few stray footprints leading from cars and doors.

Cassie was sat by her window, her head resting in the palm of her hand as she looked up at the stars shining above.

She smiled softly to herself once again, she didn't know why but she found comfort in looking up at the stars.

Maybe it was because the beauty of space mesmerised her, that it was so distant yet you couldn't help but get lost in a day dream as you looked up at it.

Maybe it was the way that it was never ending, that everywhere you looked when it was dark you could see space. The stars, the moon, the darkness.