My Attempt at a Chanukah Special

-Massive disclaimer that I'm not Jewish; I was just disappointed that I never see Chanukah specials.-

-I may be a thembo, I don't want to misrepresent, so please let me know if any of this is offensive or inaccurate, and I'll  change it.-

Late-October, Mount Justice

"On today's game of 'what Christian bullshit is this'. Our neighbor asked my mother if this is a menorah." Artemis laughed, showing them a photo of a five-candle-holder. 

"Oh oof." Wally laughed. 

"Yeah." She pulled her phone back. "I don't even know if my mom remembers how many candles there are supposed to be, she hasn't celebrated Chanukah with us since she went to jail."

"What's Chanukah?" M'gann asked. The four of them were hanging out together because they had no where else to be; four, because Robin was there two, he was just getting a drink.

"A religious holiday." Artemis replied. "Not nearly as capitalized as Christmas, but around the same time of year."

"I don't know what that is either." The martian admitted. "All I know is that earth holidays involve a lot of chocolate."

"Amen." Wally sighed.

"They're both religious things." Artemis explained. "Like, religions that stemmed from the same idea, but then separated, and have different cultures and holidays and jazz."

"Whatcha talking about?" Dick asked, strolling in with a cup of tea.

"Religion." Artemis said. She turned back to the others. "Like my mom's an atheist: someone with no religion, and we were raised Jewish while she was away, cause why not?" She shrugged.

"Oh, I didn't know you're Jewish." Dick commented, sitting down by Wally and blowing on his tea.

"Yeah, on my dad's side." She replied, pausing a little. "I also get my blondeness from him so someone explain that, I guess." She laughed, but the others felt too confused and uncomfortable to do the same. 

"Is that... not allowed?" M'gann asked. "Or normal?"

"Naw, I'm just joking!" The blonde girl explained. "I kind of hover between atheist and Jewish, It's tough cause I don't want to pick either of my parents' sides."

"Huh." Dick sipped his drink, listening intently

"Arty's just Jew-ish." Wally chuckled. He was promptly beamed in the side of the head with a couch cushion.

"Stank bitch." Artemis reached across to grab the pillow back. "Kidding. I had 'Jew-ish' in my bio all through grades seven to nine. Until the white supremacist kids kept sending death threats."

"Whoa, PEOPLE SENT YOU DEATH THREATS!?" Dick interrupted. 

"I mean these kids sent death threats to all the minority students...." Artemis explained. "But luckily, everyone at my new school is all bark and no bite. They're scared off if you just tell them to meet you outside."

"Artemis, Every reasonable people would be scared to meet you outside." M'gann told her.

"Aw, Thanks M'gann!"

Late November/Early December, Wayne Manor

Dick was sitting at the dining room table, finishing his dessert while his brothers and father went over their month's schedules together.