Tarantula

-Requested by sheisafan . Sorry it took so long-

-TW for mention of Sexual Assault. Nothing is shown, and it's not too graphic, but it is discussed-

"Guys, I... I didn't expect you..." Dick muttered, blocking about half the doorway. He looked like a mess. "I- I didn't even have time to clean!"

"It's fine." Tim told him. He knew Dick wasn't the most organized brother, but he wasn't sloppy, how bad could a college dorm be? It was a single!"

"These are for you." Damian thrust a package into their little brother's chest, sending him stumbling backwards off balance. Now that Dick was out of the doorway, the two eldest Wayne brothers could step in and take a good look at their surroundings. The place was a MESS. And that's from two people who'd seen Jason Todd's middleschool bedroom!

"Did you get robbed?" Tim asked, only half joking.

"I didn't expect you. Dick explained quickly. "I have been really busy lately, so I haven't had time to clean..."

Tim was at least relieved that the place didn't smell like weed, alcohol, or cigarettes, but it sure did smell of stale food and unshowered college student.

"Are you well?" Damian asked, giving his youngest brother a visual inspection. He looked unwashed and needed to shave.

"Like, am I sick? No." Dick replied.

Tim checked his brother's small fridge, it contained nothing but half a litre of milk, a handful of store bought sandwiches, a thing of mustard, and three pieces of bread. "Have you been eating?" Tim checked the cabinets, a pack of crackers and two packs of instant ramen. The sink was filled with unwashed dishes.

"Yeah, I have. I'm going shopping tomorrow." He insisted.

"What've you eaten today?" Damian asked suspiciously, he could always tell when his little brother was lying.

"I had some toast?" Dick lied.

Damian strode over to him and pried the lid off the tin they'd given him. The fresh aroma of Alfred's cookies stole through the stale air. "Eat." He warned his brother.

Dick took one, but didn't bite into it. "I'm... not really hungry."

Tim, who was in the middle of opening windows to let air in, stopped. No one ever rejected Alfred's cookies unless something was really wrong. "Are you sure you're okay, Dick?"

"Yeah, I'm fine!" He tried to look peppy, forcing himself to bite into the cookie. It turned to sawdust in his mouth. He couldn't even enjoys Alfred's cookies anymore. Everything was lukewarm-cool and felt like seven pm on a Thursday. Everything was just so nothing. All his thoughts were repetitive and boring. That is, the thoughts that he let himself think....

"You don't look too good." Tim pushed his brother to the edge of his clothing-scattered, unmade bed. "Are you sure you've eaten, when's the last time you showered?"

"I dunno, a couple days?" Dick replied. "I've been busy."

"Have you been attending classes?" Damian asked, his brother didn't look like he'd gotten changed or left the apartment in days, weeks even maybe. not to mention that the dirty dished looked old, and the food seemed untouched.

"Some of them." Dick replied. He hadn't left in almost fifteen days. He just flopped back in bed, staring at the ceiling. 

"Dick, are you okay?" Tim tried to check him for a fever, but Dick flinched, pulling away. He didn't seem much for physical touch.