Robin's New Teammate (Impeachment Special)

-Thanks to AgentEliza for the idea! -

Jason passed his little brother on the way into the kitchen. He turned his head to watch his brother head into the foyer. "Why are you here?"

Dick turned around, tugging out an earbud. "huh?"

"Why aren't you at the mountain?"

"...Am I supposed to be?" Dick asked, looking concerned.

"No, but you're always there, it's weird seeing you at home."

"Says the guy who's always in Roy Harper's bedroom."

"Haha." Jason rolled his eyes. "Seriously, did dad ground you guys or something?"

"Huh? No, I don't really feel like being around the team right now."

That caught Jason's attention: Dick literally ditched his family for the whole afternoon on Christmas to see the team, what was he doing hanging aroung the manor by himself. "What's up?"

"Dunno. I guess we got tired of each other." Dick shrugged awkwardly. "Still, we've all got training later, so... yay!" He raised his arm tiredly in a cheer.

"'ight then." Jay watched his brother leave, confused. "Have I good one?"

Dick nodded, forcing a small smile, and hurried up the stairs. He did not want to go back to the mountain. Their previous safe space had become a hell in the past three weeks. No, it wasn't the mountain, it was the people in it. He had no problems with Kaldur, Artemis, Conner, M'gann, or Wally; they were his family.

His problem was with Ember.

Another teen hero: a girl, around fourteen-to-fifteen, she was on the skinny side, with long brown hair and sparkling green eyes. He fucking hated her.

That may sound harsh, but he did. There were some small things that bugged him: she complained about whatever they wanted to do, she bitched loudly about people they didn't know in a way that seemed really unfair, and she always managed to blame someone else whenever it was even implied that she did something wrong.

Dick wasn't the only one who felt this way, he could see the others were unhappy too, but no one wanted to speak out about it.

Dick tried to talk to Batman about it, he tried to say that Ember was making it harder for the team to function; she completely disrupted their group dynamic, and silencing the quieter teammates whenever they tried to propose solutions.

Bruce's reply wasn't just underwhelming, it was downright patronizing. He told Dick that he wasn't going to be best friends with everyone he worked with, and they would just have to adapt around her, like they did Artemis.
Dick wanted to point out that Artemis had at least been work around the team, and even when she was new, she'd quickly learned to let Kaldur lead. Ember just didn't seem to be having that humbling experience.

The worst thing to come from Dick asking bats for help was Bruce implying that Dick was just having a teenage boy moment, and wanted to kick Ember off the team because of some arbitrary crush. That hurt. Bruce wouldn't even believe him.

Now, it wouldn't be that bad if the new teammate was just annoying and rude, I mean, they all were, but Ember was worse than just a pest.

She thought she wasn't like the other girls, like M'gann. Ember thought M'gann was stupid for enjoying typically feminine things and wearing pink. Even worse was when she found out that M'gann's human body was one she shapeshifted for herself, she kept demanding to see M'gann's white martian form, even when M'gann said it made her uncomfortable.