Super For the Weekend

"M'gann is going on a weekend trip with her socials class to this museum fair in Plymouth..."

"Is that why you called us here?"

"No. Superboy and her are in the same class, he... held out because he didn't think anyone would sign his permission slip, so he can't go on the trip." Dinah explained with a sigh. Even if she could have signed the slip, she wasn't sure if Conner was ready to go on an overnight field trip. "I don't think he should be left alone at the mountain for the weekend..."

"You aren't saying what I think you are..." Tim asked.

"Black Canary can't take him this time." Bruce reasoned. "We have more than enough people to keep an eye on him."

Damian scoffed, crossing his arms. "I thought you didn't trust Superboy."

"He's proven himself trustworthy."

"You just like him because Clark doesn't." Tim guessed.

Bruce narrowed his eyes. "He's a child. A child with Emotional Dysregulation, and abandonment issues. We can't leave him unattended for an entire weekend, It's not safe for him."

"Just don't expect me to trust him." Damian snapped, he knew his father would regret this.

Tim was more open to the idea than his brother. "Well if you trust him, and Dick trusts him, he can't be too bad, right?"

—————————————————————————————————

"Dude, this is awesome! You get to stay with us."

"I don't know if I want to. I've only lived with M'gann."

"Trust me, it'll be fun!" Dick said, leading the way to the zeta beam. "I have three brothers who'll be around this weekend: Damian, Tim, and Jason. Damian is kind of a jerk, but he won't beat you up if you don't irritate him. Tim is kind of a nerd, but he's probably gonna be the nicest. Jay sucks, try not to let him get to you, He's friends with Roy, so if he's insufferable, that's why."

"Stop." Conner said. "That's too much."

Dick sighed. "Sorry, was I overwhelming you? My bad." He grabbed the Super's wrist and guided him through the zetabeam into a cold, dark cave. "Let me introduce you to Alfred."

"Is this the batcave?" Conner asked, looking around. 

"Yeah, but you're not really supposed to be down here, we're just using the zetabeam." Dick, still holding his friend's wrist, lead him up to an elevator. "Trust me, you'll like Alfred. And if you don't, he'll like you for sure. He's cool, nice, and very socialist. Kind of like Black Canary."

Conner didn't think Alfred was anything like Black Canary: he was old, identified as male, and wasn't very athletic-looking at all.

"Alfie, this is Conner." Dick waved between the clone and the old man wiping down the counters. "Conner, this is Alfred." 

"Hello." Conner said, gripping his backpack strap with the free hand that wasn't holding his friend's for support. 

"The young master Kent who's staying over the weekend." The old man regarded him sternly. "I have prepared a room for your friend."

"Awesome, come on, Conner." Dick and Alfred lead Conner into a foyer and up a wide staircase. Conner started to realize that Dick's house was a bit bigger that Wally's. 

In Wally's house there were two bedrooms. Conner wondered if Dick's house had two bedrooms too. Maybe Dick's house had even more than two... 

"I'll leave you boys to get settled." Alfred said, leading the two to a large bedroom; clean and Simple, with fresh sheets, a wardrobe, and a fair-sized window facing East to let the sun in. It was almost as if the elderly butler specifically chose the room for a solar-powered kryptonian boy.