The Fog that Overtook Wayne Manor

-The first part in a spooky series!! Whiches, ghosts, and skeletons stay tuned!-

Lighting flashed, allowing a short still of the lone, macabre, manor; one window lit. Thunder then took her turn, growling like a bear as she rumbled through the clouds.

"Dad, can I go out?"  the twelve-year-old begged, waiting for the next flash to illuminate the sprawling lawns. 

"No, Jason." His father sighed, face illuminated by the screen of his laptop. The storm had knocked the power out almost an hour ago, in which time a heavy fog had rolled in around the house, ensuring no repairs would be made until the morning at least.

"Why?"

"It's not safe."

"It's just rain! I'm not gonna get struck by lightning!" He pleaded over the roaring orchestra of the outside world.

"I'm unable to find any more lights for you." Alfred said, carrying a candle holder, as the boys had claimed all the flashlights. "I shall search upstairs next."

"Thank you, Alfred." Bruce sighed, glaring over his laptop. He forced a neutral expression. "I thought you were too old to play in the rain."

"Yeah, but this is exciting!" Jason gestured towards the window as the garden lit up, bright white. "See! It's awesome! I'm not scared like Dick!"

The eight-year-old, hearing his name, crawled out of his blanket fort. "I am not SCARED! I'm cold!" Thunder growled and Dick ducked back into his fort,presumably to continue making shadow puppets with his faux candles.

"See? I just want to go out in the rain for a few minutes."

"I said no, Jason."

"How about you join me and Dickie?" Tim asked, sitting outside the blanket fort, holding a book the youngest brother had picked out. Even though he was small for your average teen, it was still tough to fit in the fort.

"Please! I'm twelve!"

"I'm fifteen."

"Yeah, but you're a coward!" Jason proclaimed. "You're too scared to learn parrallel parking!"

"Jason, shut up." Damian ordered, not looking up from his textbook.

Jason huffed, grabbing his flashlight and storming from the room. "FINE!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jason? Jason!" Bruce paused at the shoe rack and, sure as he's expected; Jason's boots were missing. "Goddamn it..." he ran a callassed hand through his hair. "Damian, go get your brother."

"How about you go get your son?"

"I just got back from work." Bruce said, as if it were obvious. "Now, please."
With a huff, the eldest rolled up off the sofa and stuffed his phone in his pocket, slipping on a pair of boots.
"Jacket." His father reminded.

"Christ! I Know!" He didn't bother zipping up the coat; shoving threw the door and into the inky rain.

"I'll leave a flashlight on the pourch for you." Bruce called. "To find the way back."

"Oh thanks." He spat, shaking droplets out of his hair already. "TODD! JASON?"

Bruce snapped the door shut against the wild sprays of rifle-fire rain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRACK!
Bruce looked up from the screen at the unmistakable sound of wooden blinds hitting drywall upstairs; a gust of cold gripping the manor. Tim, who'd been reading to his brother, paused breifly before continuing.