The Dumbest, Best, Moron of an Older Brother (i.e Jason Todd)

-Can I get a 'aw yeah' for finally got some of my homework done-

Ages:

Damian - 18

Tim - 15

Jason - 11

Dick - 6

"C'mon, circus boy? You can climb faster than that!" Jason clambered up several more banches. He was supposed to be watching Dick, so he'd taken him out to the highest climbing tree he could find around the manor.

"I'm coming!" Dick called, struggling to kick himself onto a tree limb.

Jason swung up even higher. "If you want to be Robin, you'll have to move faster than that..."

"Wait, I can go faster!" The six year old insisted, scrambling faster after his brother.

"Okay, but can you get this high?" Jason challenged, climbing to a height he knew that the kid wouldn't be able to reach.

"Wait! Wait up!" Dick grappled for the next branch, desperately trying to catch up with his big brother. Dick leaped for the branch. He gripped it with all his strength. Dick's sweaty palms slipped a little as he struggled to hook his leg over the branch. 

"You gotta move faster than that..."

"Wait! Jay-"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dickie, I brought you something." Tim called. Dick looked up dejectedly from where he lay, moping, the couch.

"What?"

Tim reached into his shopping bag and pulled out a colouring book and pack of crayons. "One..." He pulled out a KitKat bar. "And two."

"Thank you." Dick took the gifts, still frowning. His family had been doing everything they could the past few days, but they couldn't manage to lift the boy's spirits. Dick moodily flipped open the colouring book.

"How's that leg feeling?"

Dick looked down at his cast, sadly. He had barely moved since Bruce brought him home from the hospital two days ago. "Bad."

"Well, the doctor says that if you stay in bed and get lots of rest, it'll be all better in just a few weeks." Tim rustled his hair. "and then you can go right back to Future-Robin training with us."

"How long is a few weeks?" Dick asked.

"Maybe, forty days?" Tim replied.

"Oh." Dick sank back in the couch. Forty days was like a year! It was the longest time ever! 

"Hey, Barbara's coming over to visit soon." Tim told him. "She's going to play with you for a bit."

Dick nodded a little, he did like playing with Barbara. "Okay."

Up on the main stair to the manor, Jason stared into his game boy, waiting for Tim to leave the living room. As soon as his big brother moved, Jason hopped down the stairs and entered the living room. "Hey Dick." No response. "I'm gonna play some xbox." He announced heading over to the tv. Dick still didn't say anything. "don't you wanna play?"

"Uhuh." Dick shook his head, staring at his cast.

"Why not?"

Dick didn't respond again, just staring sadly at his leg. Jason turned off the xbox and left, dejectedly. He hadn't said anything, but he felt so bad about Dick breaking his leg. It was Jason's fault for taking him up the tree, and then Dick had fallen and cried, and Bruce had yelled at Jason, and now his brother was in a cast for god knows how long.

What sucked the most is that Jason should've known better than to take him up there. The kid's parents fell to their death! What was Jay thinking?

He moped back upstairs to his room. Dick was already being trained to be the next Robin. No one had asked Jason if he was ready to stop being Robin, they just started preparing the next one. And sure, Dickie was six, it'd take a few years, but it still meant that Jason would probably forced out of the costume when he wasn't done with it. 

Jason suddenly felt worse. All this inside him already, what if he wasn't just dumb as a rock? What if Jason had taken Dick up there because he'd get hurt?

He tried to shake these ideas from his head. He knew he hadn't planned to do that, but what if some hidden part of his subconscious made him do that, and he didn't realize?

Suddenly, he felt a stabbing guilt in his gut, making him curl up on his bed. It didn't matter if he was dumb, or if his brain had schemed the whole thing out, Dick had fallen, and Dick was hurt, and it was his fault.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason took a deep breath, staring across the sprawling grounds of Wayne manor. He strode across the grass, and then broke into a run. He sprinted and sprinted until he stopped, huffing and panting at his target. 

With all his strength, Jason began swinging up tree branches, climbing further and further from the ground. He passed the halfway mark, and inched away from the tree's trunk, holding on to the branch above him for support. He looked down.

The grass and tree roots laced the ground, what seemed like miles below. It felt like  standing on the worlds tallest diving board over an empty swimming pool.

He didn't like it, but he knew what he had to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're at idiot, Jay." Tim almost smacked him, but remembered his brother's mild concussion at the last second. "You realized a fall from that high could have killed you!"

"I thought after earlier this week, you'd know not to play around up there." Bruce scolded impatiently. Two kids in the ER for the same thing in under a week, that had to be a new record.

"I slipped." Jason told them, really trying to be strong. It was hard, since everything hurt, and it seemed like his head would never stop spinning.

"Well you're still an idiot!" Tim told him. "Where are you trying to go?"

"Living room." Jason tried to steer himself on his crutches, almost toppling over.

Damian was already in the livingroom with Dick, he'd stayed behind while the others went back-and-forth to the ER with Jason.

"Todd, you're stupid."

"Thanks, I'm doing fine." Jason let the other's help him over to the other couch.

Dick sat up. "JAY-JAY!"

"Hi Dick." He groaned a little in discomfort as he struggled to sit down. 

"You got hurt! How did you get hurt?" Dick tried to crawl over to his brother, but was held down by his cast, as well as his oldest brother.

"Richard, stay put. You can't move."

"What happened, Jay?" Dick asked.

"I just slipped on the tree branch." Jason told him. "Like you."

"Oh." Dick held out his crayons. "Do you wanna colour with me?"

Jason heaved a sigh of relief. "I'd like that."