Sidekick SadBoy Hour

-Eh yall, so as you know, I'm posting a lot this December. The posts won't be daily, because of school, but I'll get a few out per week, and the rest during winter break.-

-Also, I have a NEW BOOK! Check it our, it's a Young Justice book called 'Six Teens Walk into a Bank'. Check it out I'm really proud-

Dick and his friends were in the manor's living room, deciding where to spend their impromptu sleepover. "We can do couches if you want, but we could also grab the air mattress."

"AIR MATTRESS." Wally told him excitedly.

Dick snorted. "Course.."

The three of them set up sleeping spots while some shitty Netflix movie played in the background. "So." Wally asked suddenly as he and Artemis slid a sheet over the air mattress and checked the air. "Why're you staying here?"

She glared back defensively. "You first."

"I told you. I don't want to be at my parents'." He said, also a little defensive now. 

"Me to." She said, crossing her arms. 

Dick strode into the room. "Welp, Jay is a shit. He passed me in the hallway and grabbed the rest of the popcorn. He doesn't even have a microwave upstairs! He's just being a dick!" 

"Man, I'm so glad I don't have siblings, I'd probably stab them." Wally exclaimed.

"One time when I was nine, my sister severed my femoral artery." Artemis said suddenly. 

"OH." Wally said.

"Yeah," Artemis agreed. "Did I tell you about how my mom killed my second grade teacher?" The blonde moved on before either boy even replied. "She thought she was coming onto my dad during parent-teacher night, and the next day she was just gone." 

Now that the blonde had started uncapping the tube of unresolved childhood trauma, it was infectious.

"One time, on parent-teacher night, my dad called me a little shit in front of my teacher, and I had to go into the counsellor's suit for a month during lunch for evaluation." Wally recalled. "I thought it sucked because I couldn't see my friends at recess."

They went quiet for a minute, staring emptily into the tv screen, each lost in thought. Wally covered his mouth with his palm and screwing his eyes shut. Why couldn't he every just shut up? Why was he so easily baited into sharing everything? Weren't heroes supposed to have some secrets? 

Once the first tear was shed, the floodgates blew open for all three. They lay back on the mattress, letting the overwhelming stress and emotion flow over them in silence, say for sobbing and some heavy breathing. 

No one knew how long they'd been lying there, crying in Dick's living room, because the next thing they remembered was the door opening. "Hey guys, actually, do you want popcorn, cause I can't-" Jason stopped. "Hey, what's this?"

"Jay, get out." Dick sat up, drying his eyes on his wrist.

Jason crossed the room, quickly shifting out of his 'jackass older brother' persona, and into one that Dick didn't see very often. 

He crossed the living room quickly and helped his little brother up off the floor. He sat Dick on the couch and helped Wally (Who he also considered a brother) sit up. He reached across and stopped Artemis from rolling off the air mattress, he didn't really know what to think of her yet,  she always seemed to take herself a little too seriously, but she was Dick's friend, and Roy's brat sister, so he'd take care of her too.