Biggest Brother Jay

-Thanks to storm_of_imagination For the great request. In this AU, The ages are normal, but Dick is still the youngest  (I made Jay a little older than originally requested)-

Jason - 26

Tim - 17

Damian - 12

Dick - 7

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, ASSHOLE!" Jason leaned back into the car and rolled up the window against the heavy rain. "Okay, where are we going first. Do you remember?"

"To the mall?" Dick asked from the back seat.

Jason took one hand off the wheel to search his bag. "And where are we going in the mall?"

"Shoe store?"

"Uh huh." Jason accelerated slightly, taking both his hands off the wheel. "Then where?"

"Home." Dick kicked his legs back and forth a little. "Right?"

"Uh, eventually, yeah."  Jason glanced briefly at the road, before returning to his search. "But I gotta pick up my present for Roy, and get you a new jacket, right."

"Uh huh." Dick nodded as Jason (still without looking at the road) pulled into the mall parking lot. 

Jason was supposed to be watching his baby brother for the whole day since Tim was out of town with his very few friends, Bruce was busy with work stuff, and Damian was considered on all accounts to be unfit to care for Dick. 

Jason could have ditched the kid with Alfred, as everyone else had been, but he was back at the manor for the whole weekend, so he figured that he might as well spend time with his favorite brother. Also because Alfred had made it very clear that if Jason left Dick around the house like everyone else had, there'd be hell to pay.

Jason stole a parking spot and hopped out of the car, double-checking that he had everything he needed. He walked around and opened the back door, reaching in to unbuckle his little brother's seatbelt. "Come on, I can't leave you in there."

"I know." Dick grumbled, hopping out of the car and into a murky puddle. It was an icy October day in Gotham, which meant that stores were putting out Halloween decorations and strong rain was lashing the dirty asphalt.

Jason shifted off his jacket, he held it to his brother. "Here. Use this until we get you that new coat."

"No." Dick dodged away into the rain.

"Come on! It's a cool jacket!" Jason objected. "And watch where you're going! you could get hit!" He slammed the car door shut and locked it, jogging after his little brother. "C'mon, would you rather be cold and miserable?"

Dick took the jacket. It was adorably oversized on him, and clearly made for a buff, stockier guy like Jason, not a seven year old boy. Dick wasn't crazy about leather, real or faux, but the jacket was warm and dry and his brother wanted him to wear it.

They pushed into the mall, which was pretty quiet for asaturday afternoon. "Is that where we're going?" Dick pointed at the FootLocker across the hall. 

"Yep." Jason sighed. "My shoes are fine, but Bruce will be pissed if I don't get new ones."

"Why?" Dick asked, tripping over his feet to keep up with Jason.

"I know right!" Jason slowed down for his brother's short legs. "I like these ones! they fit! Even if they have holes and stuff, like, come on Bruce! you're not my dad!"