Becoming a Boy (Trans AU)

-Kinda prequal to the last part, it's just wholesome vibes. I'm going through a trans crisis, so I may make a few of them, do you like these?-

Dick was lying on his bed, kicking his feet up behind him, when he saw someone in the corner of his vision. "Hmm?"

Bruce leaned into his peripheral. "Why are you in bed? C'mon, grab your jacket."

"Why?" Dick asked, sitting up.

Bruce looked at him like he was crazy. "We're going out to get you some new boy clothes. Remember?"

Dick lit up liker a lightbulb. Jason joined their dad in the doorway. "I don't get why we need to! I had to put up with getting hand-me-downs, Richard should too!" He joked. "Seriously, get your jacket, we're going to the mall!"

Dick sprung up and ran downstairs after them. He grabbed his jacket, slipped on shoes, and tucked his hair into a snapback, running out to the car.

Bruce unlocked the door, and Dick and his brothers piled into the car. "Okay, we're going to the mall and getting you some new clothes. Then we can either go to the salon or Alfred can cut your hair when we get back."

"Okay!" Dick fastened his seatbelt. "Let's Go!"

Jason reached over and poked his new little brother. He was competitive with all his brothers, and he wanted to see how much provoking and teasing Dick could take. "Hey. Hey Dickhead."

 "Quit it!" Jason kept nudging him. "I said Quit it!" Dick shoved him. Jason pushed him back into Tim. "HEY!"

"Jason, leave your sis-brother alone!" Bruce told him. Jason reluctantly did. Dick pushed him into the car window. Bruce started to call Dick's deadname out of habit, but Damian cut him off.

"Grayson! Don't be like him." That's the good thing, He could still call his sibling 'Grayson'.

Dick slumped against the backseat; internally, he was SO happy they'd called him Jason's brother.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think you'll have to check the boy's clothes." Jason teased. "You're too tiny for these."

Dick frowned, replacing something on the rack. 

"I think, you'd so look handsome in this." Tim grabbed a button up for his brother. He was stuck in the infantilizing, overly-affirming whirlpool. "you're going to need more formal and semiformal clothes."

"Just give him hand-me-downs! C'mon!" Jason proposed.

"Richard deserves new clothes that fit him." Bruce told them. 

"I mean, I like Jason's shirts." Dick said. "They're really big, and you can't really... see anything."

"When you grow a little more, we can talk about getting you a..."

Dick frowned. "Binder?"

"Right, a binder." Bruce steered him over to a rack of jackets. "Can you pick one out for school?"

"Yeah, I mean, I'll still have to wear my uniform, right?" Dick asked miserably.

Bruce thought over it for a second. "If you want, but I want to help you feel comfortable before you come out."

Dick nodded, thinking for a minute, he wasn't ready to come out at school. there were no publicly out trans kids at his school, and the few out gay kids faced major social repercussions. Not to mention he'd probably end up on the news, there'd be a lot of swarming around the family for having a trans kid in Gotham city... it was a lot that he wasn't ready for.