Clash of the Dads

-Because I haven't forgotten Barbara.-

-Based off my best friend's family who have basically adopted me (Know all my medical details, I can snack freely in their kitchen, I call her father 'dad', etc) but I still live at home-

Ages:

Barbara - 17

Dick - 10

Dick had been at the office with Bruce all morning, because Bruce had to drag him along to some boring meeting. 
Apparently since Damian and Tim moved out, Jason was staying at a friend's place until he and Bruce's latest fight  blew over, and Alfred was busy, Bruce didn't want him at home alone. Which meant he got to hear Bruce's office staff quipping about how he always brings at least one kid in.

"Now Can we go home?" Dick complained trailing out of the building. "I'm hungry!"

"Soon, Dick," Bruce told him, unlocking the back door and holding it open for him. "We're just going to stop by the station for my chat with Commissioner Gordon, and then we can go out for lunch, if you'd like."

"Why do you have to talk to Gordon?" Dick asked, buckling in.

"I want to get his public endorsement on the new reform program we're funding." Bruce explained. "Don't worry, it'll be a short meeting."

"How short?"

Bruce shrugged, getting behind the wheel. "About... Thirty minutes to an hour."

"Come on!" Dick groaned and slumped against the seat. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conveniently, the Gordons were also having a sort of bring-your-child-to-work day. See, Jim Gordon picked Barbara up from her morning gymnastics and conditioning class during his lunch break, and she had to wait for a ride home because her bus pass was at home.

Barbara was bored out of her mind, living off a 13% phone battery and corn chips from the vending machine. She could've cartwheeled home in this time!

"Barbara?"

"Uh huh?"

"Where are you?"

"Down here." She sat up straight from the large desk chair she'd been collapsed in. "What's up?"

"I have a short meeting in here in a few minutes, you can either head out into the hall, or you can stay if you'd like."

She stretched a little. "I'll stay, this is a nice chair." She dangled her feet to the floor and kicked backwards, rolling the chair to her father's desk. "What kinda meeting?"

"With Bruce Wayne, actually." The elder Gordon said. He knew that Barbara knew the billionaire. "He wants my public seal of honor on some program he's funding."

"Oh. Okay." Barbara replied. As far as her father knew; When Barbara was younger (About 9-13) the older Waynes would babysit her, and from ages 14 onward, She babysat the youngest Wayne kid. Honestly, it was a pretty good excuse for why she always seemed to be at Wayne Manor, or trailing behind Bruce with them like another orphaned boy with black hair.

"How many years have you been working for each other now?" The commissioner wondered aloud. "About eight years?"

"I think." Barbara shrugged. "It's been a while. I know I've known them since before RedHood, Kid Flash and all those other little-kid-heroes, maybe even before Batgirl..." She added innocently.