Brothers Vs. Bullies

-Requested by broodmochi -

Ages:

Damian - 15

Tim - 12

Jason - 9

Dick - 3

"Look up, dickie." Bruce pushed Dick's chin up, fixing his perfectly starched collar. "There you go! Look at you!" He buried his nose on the springy black hair and planted a kiss on The little boy's head. Still the three-year-old clung to his trouser leg. "Go show Alfred."

The little boy cautiously let go of him and waddled a few steps away, checking over his shoulder  to make sure Bruce wouldn't leave him.

"Hey! I'll take you to Alfred!" Jason announced, he was always showing off because he knew his baby brother thought he was the coolest. "Come on! I always know where Alfred is!" He bragged, grabbing the toddler's arm and towing him along from the room.

"He's not ready." Damian said. "He's too little for you to tote along to a Gala."

"He's got to have his first party eventually."

"He's three! It's too early!" The oldest bat son protested. "He shouldn't be forced into this environment until he at least doesn't need diapers!"

"Only at nights."

"Well, he's going to be overstimulated." Damian warned. "He's going to cry."

Bruce chewed on this for a second, but just a second. "We'll ease him into it, slowly, like my parents did. Plus he has you three and Peanuts, he'll be fine!"

"I doubt that. Highly."

Bruce tried not to roll his eyes at his teenage kid. "How about you make sure that if Dick gets overwhelmed, he gets up to bed?"

"I will, but because I like him, not because I'm the one who adopted him. Because I'm not."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick clung to his adoptive father's leg. everyone was trying to see him and touch him... he wanted to cry but every time he came close, Bruce picked him up and carried him and he liked that.

They'd been going strong for about half an hour when Bruce received an important looking notification. He almost swore. 

"Dickie, I have to do something really important, can you-" He scanned the room for Alfred, but he wasn't there. Between leaving his baby alone, and letting The Penguin crash the same party his baby was at, he begrudgingly chose the former. "How about you go play with some of the other kids? Me and your brothers will be back really soon?"

"No!" The three-year-old gripped his neck, refusing to be put down.

"Please, Dickie? I'll send Alfred over to get you as soon as I find him. Will you please let me pet you down? Just for a minute?"

"No." There was a frightening tremor in the child's voice that threatened tears.

"SHHH." Bruce internally begged him not to cry. "Here, you can keep Peanut? Peanut can keep you safe? and then we'll be back quickly and I can carry you again."

"No..." the child pleaded, although he let go of Bruce's neck.

"Good Boy." Bruce muttered, crossing the room, Where there were some kids playing. "I'll be right back."